By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A very intimidating fact about Zelda Wii - care : *spoiler included*

??

Metroid: Other M

Around the Network
alekth said:

I've never heard the S in snake refered to as a soft Z.
I guess I pronounce it as the Z in zero.

@OP: do you pronounce it with a soft L (I would expect that's the way a native German speaker would).

German people who don't think about it being international/English would say Tzelldah.

Z is always a little harsh :P and after it you mostly get a short vocal which makes the L sound like LL if you're familiar with the grammar rules (which, I guess, nobody isn't lol). And then again a long A, like "Jah"! xD

SHMUPGurus said:

The cupcakes = your story. The dog = me.

*Wipes tear from eye*

Oh boy... this thread is something else. Well done everyone. Well done indeed.

Well I am from Germany and I never heard ANYONE call it Tsellda.
After all the game IS called The Legend of Zelda in Germany and not "Die Legende von Tsellda".
I think you don't need to learn french to figure that out...
(btw. the french people are famous for pronouncing everything the "french-way", aren't they?)

aaaah too much to answer but I'll do :

first of all :
The World consists not only of english speaking people :)
and i had to search a long time for an english word with tz like pants :D hard to find
People in germany mostly say : TZZZZZelda

.. I apologize if you didnt get the idea of the thread at once, you need to work on your foreign language skills, you see I speak english too :)
btw. all this doesnt change the fact that it sounds like c'est la vie :)

german L is always softly pronounced, how do u want to pronounce it else ? ELLLL ? i know german is said to be a harsh language ( dont think so but k ) but thats not the case here ^^

But lets praise this thread, as it brought us this awesome GIF.
I rarely laugh in front of my PC but i really lol'ed hard. need to get this on my computer haha

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

Around the Network
1200p|is|FullHD said:
aaaah too much to answer but I'll do :

first of all :
The World consists not only of english speaking people :)
and i had to search a long time for an english word with tz like pants :D hard to find
People in germany mostly say : TZZZZZelda
.. I apology if you didnt get the idea of the thread at once, you need to work on your foreign language skills, you see I speak english too :)
btw. all this doesnt change the fact that it sounds like c'est la vie :)

german L is always softly pronounced, how do u want to pronounce it else ? ELLLL ? i know german is said to be a harsh language ( dont think so but k ) but thats not the case here ^^

But lets praise this thread, as it brought us this awesome GIF.
I rarely laugh in front of my PC but i really lol'ed hard. need to get this on my computer haha

I know Swedish, English, Japanese and a bit of French. I think you mean we need to work on our "german language skills" - Not foreign language skills in general.

Also, even a german guy came in here and said he didn't understand what you were talking about.

I wonder if Selda is the European pronunciation.
I have never heard anyone in the US say anything but ZZelda.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mininova torrents, pants, snake, tselda, c'est la vie???

Hmm, I always knew there's something wrong with FC Bayern fans...

SHMUPGurus said:

The cupcakes = your story. The dog = me.

OMFG, that was the best thing I've seen on the internet LOL

/life

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Selda?

Tselda?

Don't people know how to pronounce a "z" sound?

I suppose when you try to mimic the sound of a buzzing bee. You say "busssss"?

It's more like a vibrating razor in sound. with the toungue vibrating at a high frequency than an "S".

I suspect though that most people here know how to pronounce "Zelda".

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.