By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is fan loved, sales?

Aparently users in IGN, Gamespot, gametrailers and Metacritc barely have complainants, making the game a possible fan aclaimed, and I think it will do 500k Ltd and 100k first week, what do you think of its sales and the game overall?

Around the Network

I severely doubt 100k first week, but I can see it crossing 500k lifetime. Possibly more.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I severely doubt 100k first week, but I can see it crossing 500k lifetime. Possibly more.

yeah, maybe 100k is too much, but it can ce close

I expect sales around 35.000 first week in US, so let's have to wait for european numbers until February. Maybe coul reach 200.000 during Xmasin US alone.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Actually go check out the American preorder charts, 30k preorders (rounded up just a tad) the places the Wii is popular at like Wal Mart doesn't really do the whole pre order thing, it could do 100k we know 30k should be a given if thats first day sales and more people picked it up throughout this week it could reach that goal.

And between America/Others/Japan I could see this one doing 100k WW easy and more than 500k.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

It needs advertising. If it wasnt for VGC I wouldnt have ever known about this game.

soooo, it won't flop like dead space wii?

yeah, the game is alreasy out amd there is no advertising, maybe a marketing strategy is that this is the last SH with the original composer

morenoingrato said:
yeah, the game is alreasy out amd there is no advertising, maybe a marketing strategy is that this is the last SH with the original composer

I didn't know that, very interesting. I had the chance to attend a conference on music composition, presented by Akira Yamaoka at Game Developer Conference in I think 2007. Translators were there, as he doesn't speak much English. He had some really interesting points on atmospheric composition.

1st week sales definitely won't reach 100k first week. Probably around 55k.

500k total is possible, but the game must be released in Japan to reach it.