By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is fan loved, sales?

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/silenthillshatteredmemories/news.html?sid=6241873&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;5

for the ones intersted in knowing about SH composer departure

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
1st week sales definitely won't reach 100k first week. Probably around 55k.

500k total is possible, but the game must be released in Japan to reach it.

I wasn't aware that that hadn't happened yet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The Silent Hill games have never sold much

I do not think that passes the 500,000 in the lifetime of the game.

think it will sell 100,000 the first week is not too bold?
but when the old fans have had so many doubts about this fresh start.

Saludos!!

It'll flop. Not because it's a bad game, or it didn't appeal to the fans, but because third party developers have spent the last three years segmenting the videogame userbase by releasing all their big games on the HD consoles. This has simultaneously ate in to their profits by ignoring the most popular console, and ruined their chances of succeeding on said console because the people most interested in buying their games followed them away from the it.

It kind of sucks for everyone involved.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Will probably get 65k 1st week worldwide, but in terms of lifetime sales it will struggle to reach 200k.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
It needs advertising. If it wasnt for VGC I wouldnt have ever known about this game.

This is the truth.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Konami is limiting the amount of copies they are sending to retailers anyways.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Sadly I think it's going to make 50k first week. Got mixed reviews, not much advertising, few copies sent, and there's just no much hype for it, even in gamer's sites like this one.

At least I hope the word of mouth will be strong and will have legs.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

I'm actually playing it.

Now this is a survival horror, you really feel the need to escape the monsters and don't let them grab you. 5 stars so far.

This game kick's out Resident Evil 5 and Dead Space out of the survival horror genre.

The game is a m a z i n g I'm halfway through it and is one of the best games i played lately. btw we just finished RE:Darkside Chronicles at a friend's house and we both believe that it's extremely underrated!!! A+ title for sure! way better than Dead Space