By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I Get Demon's Souls?

I have the game and beat it twice, at first the game is very challeging the knights and the dragons, but after some leveling up and managing to know enemy atacks the game is more easy, every boss exept a few have tricks that you can beat them with no much problems the game have bosses and enemies that even if you are  at 100 + level It will kill you with one hit so managing to know right metod to kill him is a plus. Beat the game twice first on white then on black tendency the game became more harder in the second play and if you play it in dark tendecy is even much harder, because demond are more agresive and hit harder, and a few monsters apppears in dark form so they are very tought, if you are  a strawvery kind of layer ask for help when starting a boss fight if not play it offline or like me online for invading or getting invaded, online is much fun, but is more rewarding you beat the bosses by yourself. Beware of NPC black phantoms they are much harder than even the arch demons.

Around the Network

Dont buy this game its not worth it. This is the most demoralising and heartless game ive ever played. Its a very well made game. But i cant even pass the first level and im not the worst gamer around theres a dude with a pike and shield at the top of the castle who can run faster than you and kills you in one shot even if you raise ur shield wtf! if you miss your parries you sometimes die instantly as well.

Its a pity i want to like it but its just too ridiculous. Its not hard all the time but where it is hard i feel they went too far i sold this game for dragon age origins which im enjoying and getting my moneys worth!
whats the point of bying a game if you cant get past the first level

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

Get one copy, play through it, then get another copy and put it on a fucking pedestal adorned by flowers and gold!

@StrifeHawkins

You know, there's tons of strategies to deploy in the game? Blue eyes is killing you? Tough luck, he's not even that difficult. Don't know how to parry? How about you dodge his lunges and then hit him, dodge again and hit him. Repeat until he's gone? Have you tried that? Or starting as a new class using a magician to kill him from a safe, ranged position?

The game is very unforgiving and hard, that's true, but you're not even trying if you're giving up at the first Blue Eyes that appears.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'm currently level 116 on Demon's Souls, and I feel I've definitely played enough to give an accurate opinion on it.  I'm a huge fan of JRPG's, but I also enjoy games like Fable and such.  I honestly hated Oblivion, but I can't say enough good about Demon's Souls! 

Some say the learning curve is steep, but I think that's the wrong way to explain it.  There IS a little learning curve, but it's more like there's an experience curve.  You learn the controls in the initial tutorial, and in my opinion that teaches you all the basic "battle info" you need to get going.  There is, however, a HUGE frustration curve!  I've lost 300,000 souls in just over an hour (lost 100+, then 50+ each time going back to try and retrieve previous "bloodstains).  I consider myself to be pretty good at the game, although I am more of an "ask questions later" type of fighter, as I have been told by my friends I play the offense a bit heavily.  The thing with this game is that you MUST learn how important fighting smart is (ie: attack, block, dodge, spell, items, ect...).

In my opinion, the controls, graphics, sounds, gameplay are all perfect.  For some reason, each time I die and lose tons of souls, I still just want to keep playing.  The game is JUST that addictive.  The ONLY complaint I have with the game is the story.  It's there, don't get me wrong, but there are little tidbits, like the broken archstone.  The reason for the broken "land of the giants" stone is never explained, unless I just missed it.  I wish Atlus would offer it up as downloadable content, but I'm not sure we'll ever see that.  I accept the fact that some things aren't explained and such on the pure fact that this game is all about just being an amazing experience.

I honestly don't have the game right now.  I let a friend borrow it, he played it for a couple hours, and I'm getting it back tomorrow, lol.  This game isn't for everyone.  If you're looking for a deep leveling system, amazing gameplay, replay value (I'm 55 hours in), and a big challenge, pick this game up.  If you don't like these things, then stay away!

Around the Network

he had red eyes and there is no space to dodge on the top of the castle
i try run away but hes faster than me

i used a wanderer and got pwned fucked up
i did better with magician but i cant afford mana and i was not in the mood of collecting souls

Dude i dont want to use strategies to finish the game, theres no fun in that

@Strife

Wait, you tried to take on the Red Eyes at level 1? O___O Are you insane?

He can only be taken on at Soul Level 30 or upwards and with much, much skill and practice in the game. The part that he guards is an optional part of 1-1, you won't even get access to it until you finish 1-4, so leave that alone and procede through the Fog Gate that Blue Eyes is guarding.

Edit - You don't want to use strategies on a game that actually begs you to use them? That doesn't even compute, guess you got the wrong game, and should have done a bit of research first hand.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i work and can only game an hour a day and on saturdays the whole day, this game is made for people with time, i prefer quick well thought out strategies. The bots in demon souls are not your equals only the useless guards maybe, but the bosses are a nightmare i saw one boss when i lost my body and i dont want to fight that ever i cant even kill a human!. i want to like this game but guys not everyone is a ninja be practical. most people wont like this game. Whether initially or maybe after 20 hours i dont have time for some dude with a fire arrow to almost kill me in one shot plus they are other enemies chasing me

I'm completely obsessed with it. I can't remember every being so obsessed with a game. If you get it, I hope you like it, but maybe not as much as me, because I have other aspects to my life I should be focusing on!

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS