By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

MWF2 PC = 170K

shio will be proud.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Wow at the 360 market share.
MS: 37%
SONY: 23%
Nintendo: 40%

I cant see MS topping Nintendo as this bump was due to MW2 but still awesome. The 360 is a software beast.

More NPD updates/leaks... some MASSIVE overtracking on VGC for a certain PS3 fave around here...

500k > Infamous ltd > Punch-Out ltd (all very close)

Valkyria Chronicles ltd ~130k

Fire Emblem Wii ltd ~170k
Fire Emblem GC ltd ~230k
Fire Emblem GC > DS > Wii

No PSP games in November top 100

Mario Kart Wii ~2m sales in 2009

I can see why Sony doesn't really talk about their 'Playstation family' software sales anymore. Its pretty much all PS3 and it saddens me seeing Wii or Xbox 360 > PSP + PS2 + PS3 combined!

jarrod said:
More NPD updates/leaks... some MASSIVE overtracking on VGC for a certain PS3 fave around here...

VGC has inFamous at 680k.

>500k could mean 480k, for example. So then 200k to account for.

If I remember rightly, inFamous jumped by ~100k thanks to BF bundles (and NPD doesn't track bundles).

Then ~100k from Canada/Mexico.

It's possible that VGC is bang on. I have no idea though. Maybe ioi can comment as to whether he is happy with his figures?

Around the Network
wholikeswood said:
jarrod said:

If I remember rightly, inFamous jumped by ~100k thanks to BF bundles (and NPD don't track bundles IIRC).

It's possible that VGC is bang on. I have no idea though. Maybe ioi can comment if he is happy with his figures?

NPD tracks retailer bundles, which means they'd have tracked the Infamous bundles.

I was talking about Valkyria though btw.  NPD has it nearly a third what VGC does.

If those numbers are true then we are overtracking pretty much everthing, we have the following sales

Valkyria Chronicles: 380k (Hugely Overtracked)
Infamous : 680k (Overtracked)
Punch-Out: 650k (Overtracked)
Fire Emblem Wii: 250k (Overtracked)
Fire Emblem DS: 190k (Spot on, maybe undertracked)
Tales of Vesperia: 220k (Overtracked by a lot)
Tales of Symphonia DotNW: 180k (a little overtracked, there are over 4k copies sold in Latin America at the least )

Maybe the rest of the Americas like, REALLY like those games >.>

MirrorWorld said:
Maybe the rest of the Americas like, REALLY like those games >.>

I assure you that is not true

jarrod said:
wholikeswood said:
jarrod said:

If I remember rightly, inFamous jumped by ~100k thanks to BF bundles (and NPD don't track bundles IIRC).

It's possible that VGC is bang on. I have no idea though. Maybe ioi can comment if he is happy with his figures?

NPD tracks retailer bundles, which means they'd have tracked the Infamous bundles.

I was talking about Valkyria though btw.  NPD has it nearly a third what VGC does.

Ahh, yeah, I've always thought VC must be overtracked there.