By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

I predict:

0 Wii fans banned
5+ 360 fans banned
3 PS3 fans banned.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ahh, I love NPD. The one time of the month where people show their true colors. It's funny to see the facade erased, and have everyone let their inner fanboys out. It's truly pathetic.

Way more entertaining than the numbers though.

And great performance for Modern Warfare 2! Forget the haters, it deserves ever copy sold.

I wasn't the only one to notice that then?

OT: Anyone else REALLY impressed at MK Wii being in there... Despite all the new releases and being "old"?

wow....  you nearly exploded black friday week. lol

Nerve = Touched?

Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

Just accept the fact that Reggie was totally being cocky, went out of his way to make this prediction, put everything on the line on his being right, and will now get to have it rubbed in his face for the rest of eternity.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ahh, I love NPD. The one time of the month where people show their true colors. It's funny to see the facade erased, and have everyone let their inner fanboys out. It's truly pathetic.

And great performance for Modern Warfare 2! Forget the haters, it deserves ever copy sold.

OT: Anyone else REALLY impressed at MK Wii being in there... Despite all the new releases and being "old"?

That's ironic coming from you ...

As the other one got told.

If any of you really want to see a "MELTDOWN", check my wall

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Soriku said:
TheThunder said:
Oh just remembered. Reggie is probably preparing to eat some crow come January

Why? Here's his quote:

“Modern Warfare 2 is on two platforms. On a single platform, absolutely. I say that unequivocally. On one particular platform, I do believe so. You’ve got to give me the entire holiday selling season, so let’s take it all the way through the January NPD data. It’s going to be close. Modern Warfare is a a great title. As a gamer, I look forward to it. The new Modern Warfare, I think is going to be a fantastic title. Not to discount it, it will sell well. Of course I’ll play it. I play all the content out there.”

It'll outsell MW2 PS3 in the US.

How about a video ?

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/77?ch=1&sd=0
Geoff or whatever his name is mentions the 360 Twice and Reggie agrees both times. Let's not back peddle just yet ;)

Or maybe ioi is happy with his estimate of Walmart figures and therefore sees no reason to change his numbers at all?

After all, NPD is just estimating Walmart too.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

didn't ps3 did almost twice 360 just in black friday?

black friday isn't counted?

kowenicki said:
Inigo13 said:

When doing comparisons to 2008, remember that last November for NPD was a five week month vs. a four week month this year.

yep 360 up on last year massive sales.

360 HW in November:

2008 - 836k

2009 - 819.5k

Down YOY.

On topic, I'm very surprised by the margin of victory. 100k is a lot, considering BF.

Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

That's ironic coming from you ...

As the other one got told.

Not really, just pointing out the facts