By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Nov. 2009 NPD Thread Data covers Nov 1-28 comes @ 6:30 PM EST

jarrod said:
Wii didn't come close to 2008, but it beat 2007 (981k) by a decent margin.

360 matching it's best holiday yet (863k last year) and beating out PS3 the real shocker. lol, poor Sony. And PSP looks like it's in death throes as well, not a great month for them...

I am convinced I know who you are.

can a mod check this dude IP adress.

Yeah poor Sony doubling its PS3 numbers from last year.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Good job doing by grosoft, sponsoring and bundling MW2 was a great idea plus the 2 weeks cut prize at 99$ give the lead.

And congrats to sony to double his ps3 sale YoY, now fighting at the same level than 360, but at a 299 $ prize.

If we roll on a year to holidays 2010. If we imagine that because of how Sony have been in the past regarding price cuts that in dec 2010 the PS3 will most likely not being seeing a price cut. If we assume that in sept/dec 2010 Natal is indeed released and is as good as the critics are saying and as cheap as they are saying, plus the 360 gets its 1st proper price cut in 2 years at that point bringing the price in UK at least to £99 for a 360.

How would they fair next year you think?

I think next years holidays will be very very interesting.

It includes Black Friday, but not the following weekend+Cyber Monday.

Playingwithfirex said:
Does this exclude Black Friday?
Because Nov. 28th sales
PS3 sold 762,259
but this says that throughout this whole month PS3 only sold 710,000

lol noob. they were ww sales. this is us sales

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Ahh, I love NPD. The one time of the month where people show their true colors. It's funny to see the facade erased, and have everyone let their inner fanboys out. It's truly pathetic.

Way more entertaining than the numbers though.

And great performance for Modern Warfare 2! Forget the haters, it deserves ever copy sold.

I wasn't the only one to notice that then?

OT: Anyone else REALLY impressed at MK Wii being in there... Despite all the new releases and being "old"?

But I thought that wii was doomed?

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
@soriku

not surprising to me.

???

didn't you claim in multiple threads that you felt Wii was overtracked?

its in fact under tracked

no, i cvlaimed in one thread darth

you deflecting the ps3 v 360 numbers darth???....

you and others were extremely vocal and some gave me in particular lots of shit for my prediction that 360 outsold PS3 in America during black friday week.... 

wow I'm one of the few people who defended you in the black friday sales thread when everyone was flaming you (go & check for proof) & your giving me this crap

Calm down man, I didnt say you gave me shit....   I said you were vocal about the PS3 advantage.... you cant deny it.. you virtually exploded.  lol.

Darth is a very vocal poster, be it something negative or positive about the PS3 (just ask psrock)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BoneyBoy said:
XBOX 360 officially owns America. No way the ps3 can catch up now.

Wii owns America is more like it.

In relation to the PS3 vs 360 sales

I love the gaf on NDP day