By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't understand how Shattered Memories can get low scores.

Opa-Opa said:
noname2200 said:
Oh, alright, you jackasses have sold me.

you won't regret it man! I was skeptical at first, but was sold after playing it for fifteen minutes. 
I'm borrowing my brother's copy today after work.

Yeah, I was being facetious about my reluctance: I've been interested since day one (I enjoyed the first two Silent Hill games tremendously). I'm just happy that the game lives up to expectations.

Around the Network
averyblund said:
Severance said:
i haven't played the game....
but this one guy who i am subbed to , who posted a video on youtube titled " Silent Hill : Shattered Memori .. " (the rest of the title is cut down cause it doesn't fit the thumbnail in the subs section and then i clicked on it, and guess what ITS THE FREAKING ENDING!.

morale of the story, never click on youtube videos if you don't want to know anything about the game

Luckily there are many endings- 5 I think including a very bizarre one that will remind you a certain ending from the original. 'Nuff said.

5 endings?! O_O

That's great! I thought IGN said it only had two endings.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Soma said:
averyblund said:
Severance said:
but this one guy who i am subbed to , who posted a video on youtube titled " Silent Hill : Shattered Memori .. " (the rest of the title is cut down cause it doesn't fit the thumbnail in the subs section and then i clicked on it, and guess what ITS THE FREAKING ENDING!.

morale of the story, never click on youtube videos if you don't want to know anything about the game

Luckily there are many endings- 5 I think including a very bizarre one that will remind you a certain ending from the original. 'Nuff said.

5 endings?! O_O

Thats the word on the street at least. I personally have gotten 3 thus far including the most incredible ending I have seen in years. Gosh I wanna spoil it so bad! But I won't, needless to say it will crack you the hell up.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:
cr00mz said:

ok, so its somewhat similar to Eternal Darkness? The House/Mansion where Alex is in only contains exploration (until the very end) and the rest of them game, the chapters is what cointains the combat/exploration/horror.

Wow thats actually a pretty damned good comparison that I hadn't thought of. Sure the atmosphere is quite different, as are the characters, but the feel and the messing with your head is similar. I had totally forgotten that the mansion was basically a safe zone, so that too is a similarity with the non-nightmare world. Overall I think the have a very similar feel despite very dissimilar storylines.

Than you for reminding me I need to go back and play Eternal Darkness again- its been years!

Nice to hear, i actually just played Eternal Darkness for the first time in 2006, i only played a couple of minutes , maybe 20 or so because that game was scaring me too much. (I hadnt even gotten to the first chapter if i remember correctly) Anyway i decided i needed to try it again,  last march or april i rebought it. Fantastic game. Still scary as hell specially the church chapters. I dont remember if its a long game. But i think i i got 20 or so hours first play though and 13 or so second playthrough (the only game i have ever started a second playthough litterally after  i finished the final boss, that's how awesome that game is) I hear this game (shattered memories) is short but i'm pretty sure i can squeeze out a couple of extra hours then what reviews say, on my first playhtough. Besides if the atmosphere/story is anything like Eternal Darkness i'm sure i'll replay it several times.

Speaking of Eternal Darkness, i think i'm going to go finish my third run (Xel'lotath) to get the the full cutscenes story/whatever it is.

cr00mz said:
averyblund said:
cr00mz said:

ok, so its somewhat similar to Eternal Darkness? The House/Mansion where Alex is in only contains exploration (until the very end) and the rest of them game, the chapters is what cointains the combat/exploration/horror.

Wow thats actually a pretty damned good comparison that I hadn't thought of. Sure the atmosphere is quite different, as are the characters, but the feel and the messing with your head is similar. I had totally forgotten that the mansion was basically a safe zone, so that too is a similarity with the non-nightmare world. Overall I think the have a very similar feel despite very dissimilar storylines.

Than you for reminding me I need to go back and play Eternal Darkness again- its been years!

Nice to hear, i actually just played Eternal Darkness for the first time in 2006, i only played a couple of minutes , maybe 20 or so because that game was scaring me too much. (I hadnt even gotten to the first chapter if i remember correctly) Anyway i decided i needed to try it again,  last march or april i rebought it. Fantastic game. Still scary as hell specially the church chapters. I dont remember if its a long game. But i think i i got 20 or so hours first play though and 13 or so second playthrough (the only game i have ever started a second playthough litterally after  i finished the final boss, that's how awesome that game is) I hear this game (shattered memories) is short but i'm pretty sure i can squeeze out a couple of extra hours then what reviews say, on my first playhtough. Besides if the atmosphere/story is anything like Eternal Darkness i'm sure i'll replay it several times.

Speaking of Eternal Darkness, i think i'm going to go finish my third run (Xel'lotath) to get the the full cutscenes story/whatever it is.

Eternal Darkness, great game, I highly recommend that third playthrough.

Shattered Memories has a really nice atmosphere, and with the amount of changes you can make in your decisions I think you are bound to replay it.

Around the Network
averyblund said:
Soma said:
averyblund said:
Severance said:

5 endings?! O_O

Thats the word on the street at least. I personally have gotten 3 thus far including the most incredible ending I have seen in years. Gosh I wanna spoil it so bad! But I won't, needless to say it will crack you the hell up.

Damn it!  One question... are all endings completely different? I just finished it once, and although I didn't expected it I think it made a lot of sense. I can't imagine another possible conclusion to that.....

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Oh god, you guys are making me wanna buy it! I really want it but I need to save my money for now. It's so hard. Can't wait to play it. Maybe after christmas. And Eternal Darkness is an excellent game. Better and more scary than any RE or SH i've played.

Shonen said:
IGN give it a 9 and GT gives a 8.5 - must buy-

IGN gave it an 8.6

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Yes, there are 5 endings to SH:SM.

Edit: The endings really are just a minor part of the replay experience.  Did you get a diner scene or a bar scene in the beginning, and if so which ones of the possible scenes per location? 3 playthroughs (I'll do a 4th this weekend) and I've found paths I didn't know existed, I've met characters that have changed so wildly it's it might as well be a completely different game all together.

People aren't going to sit down and talk about this game and discuss their favorite characters, they'll have to explain which of the 3-5 different variations of the character and in what context they're talking about.

Don't even get me started on some of the freaky deaky variations of the raw shocks (creatures).

Soma said:
averyblund said:
Soma said:
averyblund said:
Severance said:

5 endings?! O_O

Damn it!  One question... are all endings completely different? I just finished it once, and although I didn't expected it I think it made a lot of sense. I can't imagine another possible conclusion to that.....

There are basically 3 sets from what I can tell. 2 sets of 2- which is basically 2 good and 2 bad. And then the bizarre one which brings back an old frined from the past in a very creative way I promise you could never imagine. They make a nice homage while at the same time creating a great parody. All I can say is take pictures of anything you see that looks not from Silent hill. You won't regret it. If you can't find them all check Youtube. Certainly the best ending in survival horror history. Bar none. Its that great.

P.S

I will kill if this game doesn't sell well. This game is a real test game- lets pass the test this time ok?

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256