By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do I convince a non-believer to change to firefox???

ok, so i have firefox like most knowledgable internet users, and im trying to convince my dad to change to it, from IE7, but he is reluctant, to say the least

I have shown him the better search bar (he says its not worth it)

the music manager thing (he barely listens to music)

and i have tried telling him its safer against viruses (he says we dont need that because we already have norton)

he keeps saying its not worth changing because he knos his way around IE, and the advantages ive shown arent worth learning a whole new interface.

so what are some other advantages? what else can i say to convince him to change? because as it is i cant use the net on his page and his reluctancy is kinda annoying me.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

Point a gun to his face or try to convince him to get Opera is also better.

There are still people who use IE?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I wouldn't bother. IE7 is competent enough. Just make sure he isn't running that POS called IE6.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Simply rename Firefox to Internet Explorer 7 and also change the icon.
Remember to import all his bookmarks and you're good to go.

Around the Network

I like you Galaki, thats a brilliant idea!

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

You don't convert non-believers. You shun them.

Shun! Shun the non-believer!

Why not change the whole OS to Linux at the same time. It's safer against viruses and, for example in Ubuntu, Firefox comes in pack. It's more advanced anyway.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

We did that on my house, put the IE theme on Firefox, changed and renamed the Icons (and deleted all of the IE shortcuts), installed IETab to use retarded websites, put forecast fox (it's great to know the weather) and installed adblock plus.

We used Firefox like that for almost a year, and then IE7 got installed somehow (I think it was one of the automatic updates), but everyone agreed that Firefox was far better, so now everybody uses Firefox and recognizes the Firefox icon as the true portal to the Internet.

Ugh, for Christ's sake.

How about this: Drop the elitist attitude and let your friend do whatever the hell he wants. I use IE7 and haven't had a single problem whatsoever. The pop-up blocker works flawlessly and with my cable broadband connection speed, I don't care about ads (they stay out of the way enough). Also, my firewall software is set up, so nothing gets past me without my approval. I have been virus-free for years. It helps that I don't have to download plug-ins all the time because websites aren't optimized for my browser.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK