By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Xbox 360 is losing appeal to new customers.

The 360 is the cheap alternative to PS3 and always has been. As long as the 360 is at the same price point as the PS3, it will sell less. Don't get me wrong, I love my 360 for it's great exclusives; but the fact is the PS3 is a better console hands down.

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
Squilliam said:
Attoyou said:

wow, how much do you hate the ps3 today ? a lot! But tell me while were at it , How Much faster is 360's web Browser ? How much "Quieter" Is 360s Blu ray player ? Does it use less power and come with a remote too? how many other Game Consoles do you know that also include All of that and then some ? im not trolling , and i love the 360 , im just interested in why you are trolling the ps3 so much today ? i havent Seen this many Anti PS3 Comments Since ...August!

I don't bother with the PS3s web browser as I have a laptop. Most of the world is heading that way anyway.

Actually my 360 came with a remote... as for Blu Ray well I guess 1080P on demand sounds close enough and it does use less power as my PS3 is a launch model.

I don't really think im trolling the PS3, my points are fairly fair and true.

Oh , comparing PS3 To every device out there that can do One Thing Better then it Isnt Trolling ? HA ! Anyone could easily Do the Same for the 360 or anything else At that . Leave the Fanboy at home .

I never said that 1080P on demand was as good I said close enough. People never say that the PS3 browser is their first or sometimes not even their 2nd choice of method to connect to the internet as far as im aware and I don't think I need to pull up data showing a stand alone player is quieter and comes with a remote?

Tease.

@ Guy above squill You are so dead......

I do not think it is losing appeal rather that the PS3 is gaining appeal. This all moves in cycles the hope for next year is that the 360 can reinvent itself.

I think the live cost is a red herring which Sony have been forced to play when I am sure they wish they could get away with charging for these services.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Squilliam said:
Attoyou said:
Squilliam said:
Attoyou said:

wow, how much do you hate the ps3 today ? a lot! But tell me while were at it , How Much faster is 360's web Browser ? How much "Quieter" Is 360s Blu ray player ? Does it use less power and come with a remote too? how many other Game Consoles do you know that also include All of that and then some ? im not trolling , and i love the 360 , im just interested in why you are trolling the ps3 so much today ? i havent Seen this many Anti PS3 Comments Since ...August!

I don't bother with the PS3s web browser as I have a laptop. Most of the world is heading that way anyway.

Actually my 360 came with a remote... as for Blu Ray well I guess 1080P on demand sounds close enough and it does use less power as my PS3 is a launch model.

I don't really think im trolling the PS3, my points are fairly fair and true.

Oh , comparing PS3 To every device out there that can do One Thing Better then it Isnt Trolling ? HA ! Anyone could easily Do the Same for the 360 or anything else At that . Leave the Fanboy at home .

I never said that 1080P on demand was as good I said close enough. People never say that the PS3 browser is their first or sometimes not even their 2nd choice of method to connect to the internet as far as im aware and I don't think I need to pull up data showing a stand alone player is quieter and comes with a remote?

i never Said People LOVE the Browser or PEOPLE USE it a Ton LOL i dont even use it much! , I would love for you to pull up the Data , Its all stuff i already know , Kinda like how the PS3 Is Quieter then the 360, Why dont you pull up how PS2 is a quieter And less Power Consuming DVD player then the 360 , Because going by your logic this is where this is all going , maybe we should buy all those things that do one thing better then the other , or one thing quieter then the other . But i thought we were talking PS3 and 360 here ...Not Every other thing THAT DOES A THING BETTER.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Spankey said:
Squilliam said:

Is the fact that the PS3 comes with Blu Ray a problem? Nope because players come with remotes and people like remotes and these players with free remotes only really cost like $100-150 and they use far less power than the PS3 and are much quieter.

that reminds me of a Pop.Mech. magazine I read recently where they were talking about home cinema setups.

They had a picture of a 360, a blu-ray player and a set-top internet box all next to each other.

no mention of the PS3, and one PS3 would do all that, have less cables and would take up less space (maybe energy too) than the three of those, but I'll admit it gives a single point of failure.

@S.T.A.G.E

yeah I'd agree.

MS has probably exceeded their own expectations. all the rest is icing on the cake

You don't use all 3 at the same time.

The PS3 technically does what all 3 does but only in certain countries. I don't think it has Playtv all over the world. But it doesn't play a single 360 game so if that's you're preferance then a PS3 is absolutely useless.
Believe it or not but there are people out there who prefer the 360, it's games and have zero interest in the PS3.
Shocking I know but the real world is different to what you've read on the internet. I would put my stock in what a spotty 12yo PS fanboy tells you on the net.

Cables aren't really a problem. My 2yo TV has 3 hdmi slots and power cables are usually out of sight out of mind.

I agree about MS exceeding their expectations but knowing what we know about MS I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't. Companies like MS and Sony aim BIG. Only first place will do and both will not be satisfied until they are number one.

Attoyou said:
Squilliam said:
Attoyou said:

i never Said People LOVE the Browser or PEOPLE USE it a Ton LOL i dont even use it much! , I would love for you to pull up the Data , Its all stuff i already know , Kinda like how the PS3 Is Quieter then the 360, Why dont you pull up how PS2 is a quieter And less Power Consuming DVD player then the 360 , Because going by your logic this is where this is all going , maybe we should buy all those things that do one thing better then the other , or one thing quieter then the other . But i thought we were talking PS3 and 360 here ...Not Every other thing THAT DOES A THING BETTER.

How can you say that when you originally complained about me comparing it to other things which are not the PS3 or Xbox 360?

"

That set top internet boxes browser is probably 2-3* better than the PS3s.

That Xbox 360 is awesome like always.

That Blu Ray player will be quieter, use less power and come with a remote. Also putting it all on one point of failure means that you're increasing the chances of losing your saves etc as they aren't as portable as the Xbox 360s HDD."

See? You're the one trying to shift things around.

Tease.

Cost

~£200 for a 360 versus ~£250 for a PS3.

Consider they both have vertually the same game catalogue (PS3 could be argued to have better newer exclusives).
Even the average consumer is probably aware that that many 360 features require a $30 p.a fee that does not apply to PS3
Oh and PS3 also has a BR player and built in wifi, its quite an easy choice when you break it down.

And the thing is as the console become cheaper the more unpalatable the XBL fee becomes.

Squilliam said:
Attoyou said:
Squilliam said:
Attoyou said:

How can you say that when you originally complained about me comparing it to other things which are not the PS3 or Xbox 360?

"

That set top internet boxes browser is probably 2-3* better than the PS3s.

That Xbox 360 is awesome like always.

That Blu Ray player will be quieter, use less power and come with a remote. Also putting it all on one point of failure means that you're increasing the chances of losing your saves etc as they aren't as portable as the Xbox 360s HDD."

See? You're the one trying to shift things around.

yes. i admit. im trying to shift things around, gosh silly me.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

donsterydo2 said:
Next year M$ will cut the price for both Arcade and Elite and the sales will go sky high. Is that so hard to understand ? Sometimes I think people are convicted that when PS3 dropped in price M$ said "we pass", but that's not how the thing works

It's not quite as simple as just cutting the price (although I agree MS will again).  The PS2 would be selling for $25 dollars and still selling the most, then.

Electrical products and consoles have a lifecycle to them, and sooner or later no matter the price or the games the sales start to dip YOY.  I don't think 360 is on a steep downward slope yet, and I do think MS will cut the price and look to extend the life via Natal - but in the end 360 sales will dip no matter what, and unless MS pulls off a miracle they will have to trade off the advantage of a year start for the disadvantage of probably being the first of the current consoles to start trending down steadily, and seeing a period of crossover where PS3 and Wii really outsell them.

I do doubt MS will simply go "we pass" as you say - that would be mad.  All in all 2010 should be as interesting as 2009.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...