By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you own both 360 and PS3, tell me...

grapeape said:
For the PS3 im looking forward to:

Last Guardian
White Knight Chronicles
God of War 3
Modracer Nation
Last Rebellion

Maybe Heavy Rain but it will be a purchase after reviews

for the 360

Splinter Cell conviction
Halo Reach
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Deadly Premonition

Divinity II - Another maybe after reviews are out

Seems they are about even for me this year

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/divinity2egodraconis?q=Divinity

Around the Network
CaptainHavok said:
Looking back, it was 360 for a long time. That was mostly due to a lack of market penetration.

Since then, I think PS3 is pulling ahead and their increased console sales will only help.
PS3: Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Alpha Protocol, Mod Nation Racers, Gran Turismo, DCUO, God of War, plus some exclusive content
360: Mass Effect, Left4Dead (Valve's own laziness to blame there), Halo, Lost Odyssey, Killzone, lots of timed exclusivity

Microsoft is more than willing to pay for exclusivity, though now they have a hard time getting more than timed exclusivity. Sony as a rule won't pay for exclusivity, though they have implemented some workarounds like buying developers. This still means we'll see more exclusivity on the 360. Ultimately, it depends on what you like to play. 360 is still more FPS friendly, PS3 is more broad.

The PS3's year was 2009 no doubt but 360 is no doubt the 2010 winner in this one. The two biggest games that Sony will have are God of War 3 and Gran Turismo, whilst Microsoft has Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Mass Effect 2. I have both systems but even though GT5 should have the greatest sales next year its not enough when integrity of games come into play and the most replay value is realized.

I am dissapointed to say ps3 again this year, because i bought my 360 for exclusives. I mean why by another system when most games are on both. I am dissapointed because I have played most of the exclusives for both systems and the ps3 one's blow the 360 ones away overall. It looks like this trend will continue next year.  I feel totally justified in buying the 360, but microsoft needs to have more than just bad ass shooters to impress me.

My most looked foward to 360 exclusives of 2010

1.Alane Wake 2. Halo Reach 3. Mass effect (only kind of interested)

PS3

1. God of War 3 2. MAG 3.Heavy Rain 4. Final Fanasy Versus and possibly FFXIV

360 and PS3 have other excusives I'm just ignorant of them or dont want them, but GT5 topples anything 360 has IMO even though  I dont want it.

JGarret said:

...in your opinion, which system seems to have the better exclusive lineup next year?..based on what you´ve seen, read, etc about them so far...which lineup is looking more interesting to you?

The PS3 will have a great lineup next  year, but Mass Effect 2 and Halo Reach are the great ball busters of 2010 for Sony.  I will be able to play what both consoles have to offer, but still the power is in the 360's court so far in 2010. 2009 was definitely PS3's year though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CaptainHavok said:
Looking back, it was 360 for a long time. That was mostly due to a lack of market penetration.

Since then, I think PS3 is pulling ahead and their increased console sales will only help.
PS3: Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Alpha Protocol, Mod Nation Racers, Gran Turismo, DCUO, God of War, plus some exclusive content
360: Mass Effect, Left4Dead (Valve's own laziness to blame there), Halo, Lost Odyssey, Killzone, lots of timed exclusivity

Microsoft is more than willing to pay for exclusivity, though now they have a hard time getting more than timed exclusivity. Sony as a rule won't pay for exclusivity, though they have implemented some workarounds like buying developers. This still means we'll see more exclusivity on the 360. Ultimately, it depends on what you like to play. 360 is still more FPS friendly, PS3 is more broad.

The PS3's year was 2009 no doubt but 360 is no doubt the 2010 winner in this one. The two biggest games that Sony will have are God of War 3 and Gran Turismo, whilst Microsoft has Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Mass Effect 2. I have both systems but even though GT5 should have the greatest sales next year its not enough when integrity of games come into play and the most replay value is realized.

You can see into the future!?

Geez! Wish I had that power! I love how 2010 didn't even start and people are saying which console will have better games.

This is ridiculous!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network
JGarret said:

...in your opinion, which system seems to have the better exclusive lineup next year?..based on what you´ve seen, read, etc about them so far...which lineup is looking more interesting to you?

I'm looking forward to ME2, Splinter Cell, and some others on the 360 but for me nothing compares to GT. It is the biggest reason I bought PS3 but I am also looking forward to GoW3, Heavy Rain (iffy), The Last Guardian and some others. To choose one I would say the PS3 has the better line in 2010 but only because of GT5, it's pretty much tied otherwise.

It's been two years, but I don't think another Gears of War will come out. I actually chatted with John Dimaggio in October and he didn't get a call yet about Gears of War 3. I'm still looking forward to Fable 3, Halo: Reach, and Mass Effect 2. I didn't like the MAG beta so for me it's between God of War 3 and White Knight Chronicles.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
iLLmaticV3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CaptainHavok said:

Geez! Wish I had that power! I love how 2010 didn't even start and people are saying which console will have better games.

This is ridiculous!

I'll make a bet with you right now that Halo Reach will get more online hours than any PS3 exclusive next year including M.A.G.

iLLmaticV3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CaptainHavok said:

This is ridiculous!

Gamers have very odd powers as you see in the quote in my sig...

Former something....

S.T.A.G.E. said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CaptainHavok said:

This is ridiculous!

I'll make a bet with you right now that Halo Reach will get more online hours than any PS3 exclusive next year including M.A.G.

I would make that bet, but the reality is Halo is a beast that can't be stopped when it comes to online.

I have no clue why, but thats just how life is. Thats not what bothered me with your post, we don't even know what is coming out most of the end of next year for both consoles.

It would make sense if at least we all waited and see what both consoles have to offer.

Edit: We are gamers, not psychics

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix!