By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FFCC: The Crystal Bearers may have a ~30k NA debut. Bomb?

sc94597 said:
Azelover said:
serves them right.

They need to make a proper established main game to create a market, and THEN come out with spinoffs.

I give up on trying to educate people on this matter. THIS GAME ISN"T A SPINOFF!!!!! A spinoff in essense is a side story of another game. In this case, this is a main title in a different series. For example, Final Fantasy X-2 is a spinoff. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life as a King is a spinoff, this game is a main entry in its own series.

Doesn't matter. It's perceived as a spinoff series.

Around the Network
Azelover said:
sc94597 said:
Azelover said:
serves them right.

They need to make a proper established main game to create a market, and THEN come out with spinoffs.

I give up on trying to educate people on this matter. THIS GAME ISN"T A SPINOFF!!!!! A spinoff in essense is a side story of another game. In this case, this is a main title in a different series. For example, Final Fantasy X-2 is a spinoff. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life as a King is a spinoff, this game is a main entry in its own series.

Doesn't matter. It's perceived as a spinoff series.

Many things are "perceived" incorrectly. That doesn't mean it is true. Irregardless of that fact, how does that correlate to quality? The answer is, it doesn't.

sc94597 said:
Azelover said:
serves them right.

Very little is familiar in this game, it might as well had been a spin-off.  The art direction changed, the style of gameplay changed, nearly everything about the game is so foreign to what made Crystal Chronicles so great to its fans that its sales shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Square-Enix might think that a single player only CC game with no character customization and a bunch of mini games is a main part of the series, but I suspect the fans will vote otherwise with their wallets.

Innervate said:
sc94597 said:
Azelover said:
serves them right.

Very little is familiar in this game, it might as well had been a spin-off.  The art direction changed, the style of gameplay changed, nearly everything about the game is so foreign to what made Crystal Chronicles so great to its fans that its sales shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Square-Enix might think that a single player only CC game with no character customization and a bunch of mini games is a main part of the series, but I suspect the fans will vote otherwise with their wallets.

Especially when the "fans" don't even know what they are talking about.

"no character customization" -  There is character customization, though not at the depth you might have wished.

" bunch of mini games" -  Some may want to believe that, but it isn't the truth, even if it were to be in the most exaggerated form.

The game is going to do no wonders, but it may have nice legs. Has a chance of selling a million if Square Enix advertises it a little.

Yeah, it's probably going to flop.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Innervate said:
sc94597 said:
Azelover said:
serves them right.

"no character customization" -  There is character customization, though not at the depth you might have wished.

" bunch of mini games" -  Some may want to believe that, but it isn't the truth, even if it were to be in the most exaggerated form.

I had a lot typed up and lost it due to an accidental refresh, so I'll keep it brief.

As far as Customization goes, it seems to not do it as well as the previous games. You can't create your own character, his gender, his race or his class, but are defaulted a character. It no longer be your Avatar but a character. On the mini games part, it's still a sizable part of the experience, and the frequent previews and hype done by Square-Enix seems to only highlight them for the most part (with zany bits that involves tossing stuff). With the original games it was made clear what you were getting (dungeon crawlers), with this game it's anyone's guess unless you do major research yourself (which most gamers don't). If I have to say what the game's major weakness is, it would have to be its lack of focus.

I honestly don't expct the game to do that well at all, because it's yet another 3rd party title that doesn't appear to have a lot of appeal. They should have just stuck with a traditional Crystal Chronicles game before trying to experiment.

Innervate said:
sc94597 said:
Innervate said:
sc94597 said:
Azelover said:
serves them right.

I had a lot typed up and lost it due to an accidental refresh, so I'll keep it brief.

As far as Customization goes, it seems to not do it as well as the previous games. You can't create your own character, his gender, his race or his class, but are defaulted a character. It no longer be your Avatar but a character. On the mini games part, it's still a sizable part of the experience, and the frequent previews and hype done by Square-Enix seems to only highlight them for the most part (with zany bits that involves tossing stuff). With the original games it was made clear what you were getting (dungeon crawlers), with this game it's anyone's guess unless you do major research yourself (which most gamers don't). If I have to say what the game's major weakness is, it would have to be its lack of focus.

I honestly don't expct the game to do that well at all, because it's yet another 3rd party title that doesn't appear to have a lot of appeal. They should have just stuck with a traditional Crystal Chronicles game before trying to experiment.

Sorry to crack your egg bruh but this game will actually do very well if Square advertises it. Action Adventure games still sell extremely well in the west.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

sc94597 said:
Chrizum said:
I still think this game is a mini-game compilation. Some people say I'm wrong, but that's not important right now.

The fact that I think the game is a mini-game compilation shows SE is screwing this one up big time.

I loved Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube, but this game looks so damn werid, and SE is doing nothing to really show why I should buy it.

If you think it is a mini-game compilation then you obviously haven't seen much of the game.

if you actually saw gameplay videos and read impressions, you would know its an "action" game filled with mini-games with high-production values.

This game is more like a Zelda game of open world action-adventure type. Like all Zelda games
there is also a bunch of mini games for the player to indulge in. I personally love these types
of games and think there are to few of them.

Zelda,okami, even MG have minigames.Honestly this game had very deep minigames as well as fully fledged gameplay from reviews.Thinking wii owners dont buy games that include minigames isnt smart.Is even more laughable to gauge Wii sales by preorders(check WAW wii for reference).Third party games are not hot in preorders at wii.FF is a recognizable franchise in the west.SE ditched the CC games due to their waning popularity.Obviously people arent into CC anymore .And still, this game is wholly new.Even if we asume this is perceived as a spin off by haters, its not the audience of this game,its meaningless.Its the action adventure fans that ultimately buy Zelda or Okami. Putting this game at 150k lft is just funny to me.Seriously whoever thinks this in the leagues of Deadly creatures is either a blind hater-or just slow.