By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FFCC: The Crystal Bearers may have a ~30k NA debut. Bomb?

I just checked the preorder Charts, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (WOW, long much?) only has 11.5k preorders, only increasing by 864 units over the last week. There are only 3 weeks left until release.

1st week sales usually come in at 1.35x-1.55 times the preorder data for game releases, so the game is looking at a 20k-30k debut.....during Christmas. Just to put things in perspective, Cabela 2010 may sell more this week than the game will do lifetime.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

The game hasn't had much advertising exposure here yet (i saw an ad on the back of my "year in review" issue of Mad Magazine, but who reads that anymore?), so i say wait. Square Enix was clearly willing to invest in advertising the title in Japan.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

game will bomb, may get to 150k LTD WW if lucky

Unless it has legs, then, yeah, probably... Sadly.

The game will do a lot better than you guys think.

Around the Network

I may be wrong and you may point it out as soon as I post this, but I am guessing this game will do better than Tales of Graces.

Anyway, with those two and Monster Hunter Tri, I can hardly wait for 2010.

If it does in fact have an opening of 30k, then yes, I would classify it as a bomb.

It needs to triple its sales by next week and sustain that for the three weeks to get 30k... even then it thats real low. Exactly like FF13 needs to triple its sales by next week and sustain that for the next 13 weeks and its sales would still be really low...

Honestly no one cares about this game, Square Enix sent this game to die with no advertising, no appealing for classic jrpg's gamers, extrange gameplay for a Final Fantasy title.

I have it preordered since it comes with a couple of bonuses from Amazon. The Wii's first quarter isn't as crowded as the HD consoles so I'll give the game until the end of March before I pass final judgment.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2