By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and 360 Differences Announced

I cannot wait to get started on the trophies (LOL).  I am looking  forward to all information about this game;but really I am more so looking forward to Final Fantasy 13 versus than I am  13 (exclusive and probably more featured filled).

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Meh?

People go on and on about uncompressed sound but I only know a single person with a 7.1 setup and I've never noticed a difference on my 5.1 (if you're even supposed to be able to).

Anyways, I thought this was something we already knew (or at least assumed).

you should, its cleaner and has a higher bitrate.

Uncompressed audio is a complete gimmick to fill up a blue ray disc, I challenge anyone to successfully ABX an uncompressed vs. almost any decent format out there.  It'll satisfy the same dumb people that have high quality Monster cables because they think it makes the sound better.

link to full story dont work!

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Does this mean that the PS3 is going to have more FMVs? Because I read that some films, which were going to be FMVs had been replaced by in-engine movies to save space

As for sound, unless I get some surround sound for Christmas, it won't really matter

Uncompressed sound 5.1 vs Compressed Dolby Digital makes a huge difference.
It is nearly night and day if you have a receiver that can handle the HD sound formats or in the case of the Fat PS3, Bit-streaming of the sound.
If you have a PS3 and a Blu-Ray movie and a decent receiver and 5.1 try out this little experiment.
Go into the language/setup of the Blu-Ray and turn the audio to standard English 5.1/Dolby 5.1. Then after listening to it for a few minutes, rewind and then chose the Dolby-TrueHD\Uncompressed\DTS Master HD option and listen to the same 5 minutes segment. An action movie will show the difference off most.
I cannot see how anyone cannot tell the difference between Uncompressed\HD sound versus Compressed Dolby 5.1

You should even be able to tell a large difference between compressed 2 channel vs. uncompressed 2 channel. Before I got a HD audio capable receiver I could tel the difference between the two.

Around the Network
Raistline said:

Uncompressed sound 5.1 vs Compressed Dolby Digital makes a huge difference.
It is nearly night and day if you have a receiver that can handle the HD sound formats or in the case of the Fat PS3, Bit-streaming of the sound.
If you have a PS3 and a Blu-Ray movie and a decent receiver and 5.1 try out this little experiment.
Go into the language/setup of the Blu-Ray and turn the audio to standard English 5.1/Dolby 5.1. Then after listening to it for a few minutes, rewind and then chose the Dolby-TrueHDUncompressedDTS Master HD option and listen to the same 5 minutes segment. An action movie will show the difference off most.
I cannot see how anyone cannot tell the difference between UncompressedHD sound versus Compressed Dolby 5.1

You should even be able to tell a large difference between compressed 2 channel vs. uncompressed 2 channel. Before I got a HD audio capable receiver I could tel the difference between the two.

This right here.  I didn't believe there would be a very audible difference.  Every time I bring a BD to show to my parents in their 60s, who have an HDMI reciever, they always ask me why the sound is so much fuller and better than DVD or broadcast HD.  They actually notice the audio difference more than the visual difference in Blu-ray.

I am considering upgrading my reciever since I got mine about 6 years ago, but it's still working like new.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

twesterm said:
Meh?

People go on and on about uncompressed sound but I only know a single person with a 7.1 setup and I've never noticed a difference on my 5.1 (if you're even supposed to be able to).

Anyways, I thought this was something we already knew (or at least assumed).

that

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler