By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII PS3 and 360 Differences Announced

nice.

ps3 will have full HD video at a higher bitrate and only one disc.

now confirm japanese voice acting square enix >>

Around the Network
Xoj said:
nice.

Yes, it'll have a higher bitrate but that doesn't mean the 360 version won't be full HD either.  I've seen full HD video compressed to quite small sizes and it still looks great and is "full HD".

Regardless, I'll still be picking it up on the 360 since I can't stand playing with the PS3 controller. 

daroamer said:
Xoj said:
nice.

Yes, it'll have a higher bitrate but that doesn't mean the 360 version won't be full HD either.  I've seen full HD video compressed to quite small sizes and it still looks great and is "full HD".

Regardless, I'll still be picking it up on the 360 since I can't stand playing with the PS3 controller

What?  I think PS3 controller is great for JRpg games.  The only thing 360 controllers are better then PS3 controllers is for shooters.  I HATE THE 360 D-pad!

Is that it? No visual downgrade? If so I'm buying the Xbox 360 version for the achieves..

bonkers555 said:
daroamer said:
Xoj said:
nice.

Regardless, I'll still be picking it up on the 360 since I can't stand playing with the PS3 controller

What?  I think PS3 controller is great for JRpg games.  The only thing 360 controllers are better then PS3 controllers is for shooters.  I HATE THE 360 D-pad!

Nah, I just hate the feel of it for everything.  It's too small in my hands and has less "substance".  It just gives me cramps after a while because it doesn't sit right.  Plus I much prefer the triggers to the mushy feeling buttons on the PS3 controller.

Around the Network
daroamer said:
bonkers555 said:
daroamer said:
Xoj said:
nice.

Nah, I just hate the feel of it for everything.  It's too small in my hands and has less "substance".  It just gives me cramps after a while because it doesn't sit right.  Plus I much prefer the triggers to the mushy feeling buttons on the PS3 controller.

I (and most people) feel the same way about the triggers.  One thing that really helps that is to get those little trigger clips you can get at Gamestop for something like $2. 

They may look like cheap little pieces of plastic and, well, they are, but they do a pretty good job at fixing the triggers.

Uncompressed au.... ohhhh nice picture -stares-

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

twesterm said:
daroamer said:
bonkers555 said:
daroamer said:
Xoj said:
nice.

I (and most people) feel the same way about the triggers.  One thing that really helps that is to get those little trigger clips you can get at Gamestop for something like $2. 

They may look like cheap little pieces of plastic and, well, they are, but they do a pretty good job at fixing the triggers.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Of course, what I really need is an Xbox controller that works with the PS3! :P

Nice, can't wait for the 360 version.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

now SE, just use the capacity of the PS3 and include Japanese voiceovers. if they do not include this, i will NOT buy the game. japanese voices are included in almost every BIG JRPG this gen, and with blu-ray technology available for them to use, it would be "lazy devs" not to include it in the PS3 version. also, since this is the first game SE is releasing on the console where most of their fans are (between the HD twins at least), they owe it to their fanbase after snubbing them for years...