By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X'mas Casualities? NSMB Wii and Cabella's 2010 sold out in some places.

VTnev27 said:
I love how people dismiss hunting as evil and cruel, "progressive" and "open minded" thinking at its finest.

Hunting endangered species just to mount them on your wall, but hunting itself... While I wouldn't do it, as long as it's done responsibly (as in what a modern hunting is largely done unless you are Dick Cheney) it's far, far better than using guns on the streets.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Using a Semi or Fully Automatic 15.24 milimeter bullet, spray or slug on a doe or deer that was minding it's own business for it's antlers is sick.

There are 2 parts to that which are sick, one is the method of killing it based on the need to kill it.

The second is the usage of it.

Killing for aesthetics is sick and twisted. Killing for survival is in no way sick or twisted, it's kill or be killed (die).

Mounting an animal you shot from 100 meters away on your wall is also sick and twisted.

=) As you can see it's not dismissing anything by saying that it's sick or twisted, in fact it's taking parts of it into account which lead to that conclusion.

But I do dismiss the subject anyway as I honestly don't care if someone hunts beers or deers as long as it doesn't affect my finances.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
Using a Semi or Fully Automatic 15.24 milimeter bullet, spray or slug on a doe or deer that was minding it's own business for it's antlers is sick.

There are 2 parts to that which are sick, one is the method of killing it based on the need to kill it.

The second is the usage of it.

Killing for aesthetics is sick and twisted. Killing for survival is in no way sick or twisted, it's kill or be killed (die).

Mounting an animal you shot from 100 meters away on your wall is also sick and twisted.

=) As you can see it's not dismissing anything by saying that it's sick or twisted, in fact it's taking parts of it into account which lead to that conclusion.

But I do dismiss the subject anyway as I honestly don't care if someone hunts beers or deers as long as it doesn't affect my finances.

Place whatever gun control laws and regulations you want on deer hunters, but leave the proud and noble beer hunters alone. Theirs is an ancient tradition. A rich heritage of spiritual oneness with the universe through the neck of a bottle.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

LordTheNightKnight said:
VTnev27 said:
I love how people dismiss hunting as evil and cruel, "progressive" and "open minded" thinking at its finest.

Hunting endangered species just to mount them on your wall, but hunting itself... While I wouldn't do it, as long as it's done responsibly (as in what a modern hunting is largely done unless you are Dick Cheney) it's far, far better than using guns on the streets.

I agree with you on the endangered species thing, and I don't personally hunt either. But, there's nothing in the world like fresh meat (if you eat such, if not, all the power to you), it's much better than the steroid and growth horomone filled crap you get at the super market nowadays.

@famusringo

lmao ;)

As long as it doesn't affect my finances.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

There were a lot of copies of NSMB Wii available at my local Gamestop. It was in its own special cardboard stand along with NSMB DS and Mario & Luigi 3.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ph4nt said:
Wow, I don't think i've ever seen a Nintendo game sell out (usually because they are pretty good with shipments).

What makes this even more amazing is Nintendo already expected this game to be huge, and they still didn't ship enough!

It's not that surprising.  Mario Kart was sold out in North America from release through the holidays last year, and it came out in April! 

Well to be fair most Cabela games have sold quite well for the wii

Why Wii owners.... why when there are so many gems out there are you buying Big Game hunter...
Please for the love of all that is holy open your eyes and support just one, ONE of the many phenomenal underlooked gems... sigh....

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

to be fair cabela is sold for cheap.And for that, it looks pretty good(almost like the ps3 version). So its somewhat good AND cheap. Which helps the stablished franchise(that started in the GC for nintendo fans).
So is not bad that this game sells by any means.If you like shooting and hunting simulations, you dont buy Muramasa or LKS.You buy Cabela.Sad but true.