By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's plans to win the console war

Squilliam said:
Sony won't win anything, it will always be Wii and Nintendo. They are at best the also-ran in the console industry and at worst they are they guys bring up the rear.

Sony's video game market dominance is a  distant memory. PS3 is over 30 million behind the first place Wii and the gap is growing. PS4 may turn things around next generation.

Around the Network

Sony lost this GEN it will be a miracle if they catch the Wii in sales and I dont recall comming 2nd on anything let alone this console war thing as being a winner more like runner up's.

numonex said:
Squilliam said:
Sony won't win anything, it will always be Wii and Nintendo. They are at best the also-ran in the console industry and at worst they are they guys bring up the rear.

Sony's video game market dominance is a  distant memory. PS3 is over 30 million behind the first place Wii and the gap is growing. PS4 may turn things around next generation.

I do not accept that i agree with you.

numonex said:
Squilliam said:

They also get the dubious distinction of having the highest selling console which never made a dime. This is the GM vs Toyota effect again, if by some miracle they do manage to sell more PS3s than Wiis then people will still not respect their position and Nintendo will be the defacto industry #1 by profit alone.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
numonex said:
Squilliam said:

They also get the dubious distinction of having the highest selling console which never made a dime. This is the GM vs Toyota effect again, if by some miracle they do manage to sell more PS3s than Wiis then people will still not respect their position and Nintendo will be the defacto industry #1 by profit alone.

That didnt stop people from respecting sony last gen when nintendo made more than the sony games division (didnt it?)It doesnt matter anyway since Sony has as much a shot at selling more than the wii as i do marrying scarlett johansen.

Around the Network

There have been so many inconsistencies with motion controllers and peoples opinions of them. I just observe and choose. If Sony makes a really good motion controller and great games to go with them, I will buy it.

I think Sony has proven over time that they are great at ripping off of what Nintendo innovates.

^I think he means, "in teh case that ps3 sells the most consoles"

CGI-Quality said:
steverhcp02 said:
Squilliam said:
numonex said:
Squilliam said:

That didnt stop people from respecting sony last gen when nintendo made more than the sony games division (didnt it?)It doesnt matter anyway since Sony has as much a shot at selling more than the wii as i do marrying scarlett johansen.

They did but he's claiming that the PS2 made $0. Am I missing something here?

I think he meant the PS3 will be the highest selling console and never make a dime.....which it probably wont when you count its losses accumulated. Regardless, no one should care besides shareholders. I dont care about company bottomlines, i care about the product so thats why i never get into discussions about financials, its just a pissing match for no reason unless we are on the board.

PEOPLE! Please do read more than the topic.

"When asked about catching up to its competitors, Koller said, “We are making every effort to do so".

How does this translate to Sony going on record saying they will win this generation? I read it as "we plan to take more ground with the winds in our backs" i.e catching up.

Senlis said:
There have been so many inconsistencies with motion controllers and peoples opinions of them. I just observe and choose. If Sony makes a really good motion controller and great games to go with them, I will buy it.

I think Sony has proven over time that they are great at ripping off of what Nintendo innovates.

Tis a bold statement with no glaring examples listed and none that i can think of off the top of my head besides the upcoming motion control, which i agree with your statement.