By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - W29 has bought a PS3!

fazz said:
@W29:

You have lost all my respect :S

Nah, j/k it's just strange because a few days ago you were complaining that you couldn't find a Wii to buy. Are you still buying it? Anyway, congrats on your purchase, enjoy :)

He's buying it later because it was too much of a hassle for him to do what you need to do to get a Wii and settled for the PS3 instead.  He mentioned it in that thread of his.  He seems to want both so i imagine he'll get the Wii sometime after the holidays when you can actually find the dang things in stores. 

This is the only place i've seen where someone mentioning they got a system can go over 100 posts.  Of course this is the only place i've seen where people feel they need to start a topic stating they got a new system.

Of course I don't go to many Videogame sites.  Well... any except for this one... and the occasional Gamefaqs message board to get tips and strategies when the game is to new to have FAQs.

Around the Network

Congratulations on your purchase W29.

There is a thread on GT in which people talk about how they've also sold their 360's for PS3's, (even posting pictures etc.)

I briefly considered making a thread here on Vgchatz about this trend, but the evidence wasn't substantial enough, and there were really no hard numbers for the amount of gamers doing this.

I guess you don't like playing awesome games? Ben Franklin said, "don't trade liberty for security, because in the end you'll have neither."

Trading in your 360 was you trading in your liberty and freedom to play kick ass games for the security of having a console that you believe to be more reliable. And with it you have traded in your ability to play awesome games. If you were really that scared of your console dying you should have traded in your elite for a new pro or elite with the falcon chip.

But now your left with what, an expensive paper weight that plays blu-ray movies. Like the knight in Indiana Jones 3 said, "you chose poorly."

AAAAAAAH... I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID IT!! Guess what I've just ordered from Japan? Right, a PS3!!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

makingmusic476 said:
The first PotC was good. The next two were meh, but the flashy visuals and my strange need to get things in a complete set led me to get PotC 1&2 and pre-order 3.

I suffer from that same sickness! There has to be help for people like us.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
AAAAAAAH... I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID IT!! Guess what I've just ordered from Japan? Right, a PS3!!

Really?

Then congratulations to you too Onna. What version did you order?

good for you W29. I may get one myself maybe towards early 09 or something. I'm planning on getting a new entertainment center with a high def TV amongst other things in the coming months, and after the PS3 has had some time to mature I'll probably pick one up with MGS4 and FFXIII.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Dallinor said:
*~Onna76~* said:

Really?

Then congratulations to you too Onna. What version did you order?

Need to get it first ;)

The 60GB version, with Backward Compatibility. I would have ordered the 40GB White version next week with the release, if the BC was still in there :( Oh well better something than nothing.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Congrats, Onna!

It's nice to see people using their brains for once.

kevbo77 said:
I guess you don't like playing awesome games? Ben Franklin said, "don't trade liberty for security, because in the end you'll have neither."

Trading in your 360 was you trading in your liberty and freedom to play kick ass games for the security of having a console that you believe to be more reliable. And with it you have traded in your ability to play awesome games. If you were really that scared of your console dying you should have traded in your elite for a new pro or elite with the falcon chip.

But now your left with what, an expensive paper weight that plays blu-ray movies. Like the knight in Indiana Jones 3 said, "you chose poorly."

*claps*

@Dallinor

Man should I create a thread of how many people have returned their PS3's to the Gamestop I work at and then proceeded to buy 360's? I'll bring a camera if you want? But I don't think you guys would want to see such a thing.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie