By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP - 10 Reasons why Super Mario Galaxy could be GOTY

RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

Is it possible that Nintendo has made a game that lives up to their previous ones?

After spending close to 30 hours on Metroid Prime 3 in the first two days of ownership and beating the game five times in six days, my answer has to be "no".

And that's why I have doubts about Galaxy...

Are you saying you didn't like Prime 3?

Around the Network

Game of the Year isn't living up to expectations. I need it to be game of the generation! No, best game of all-time!

tabsina said:
i don't think so, well, i'm not sure, but i think Shams was just quoting the GOTY part from the first paragraph of the preview
I think it also came from GameTab, where I first saw the article.

http://www.gametab.com/

" Mario Galaxy: Game of the year?"

Maybe I misquoted something... be amusing if they did change it :)

"Wii GOTY"  ... "Wii almost GOTY" ... "Wii Good Mario game" ... "Ok Mario title for the Wii (which blows) console"

:) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

Is it possible that Nintendo has made a game that lives up to their previous ones?

After spending close to 30 hours on Metroid Prime 3 in the first two days of ownership and beating the game five times in six days, my answer has to be "no".

Yeah, it's incredible short, it's a 5 hour game on veteran difficulty. If you want to see the proof, let's trade Wii numbers and I'll send you the picture of my 100 % completion in 4:44.

Corruption is an excellent game with awesome motion controls. The only negative things I can think of are three items (two on Bryyo, one in Skytown) which take several minutes to collect, the annoying boss fights on hyper difficulty versus Mogenar and Dark Samus and the required friend vouchers trading to unlock all extras.

Wow... that is REALLY short.

I guess it will take me 20hrs to finish it, then I'm hoping to have time to play it a couple more times :P 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

ok. my friend borrowed me his wii as he is going out of town until next week. he is buying this game.

he has a wiikey installed, so i took it upon myself to get a copy of super mario galaxy.

all i have to say (so far) is wow. i haven't owned a nintendo system since i sold my n64 prior to buying a ps2 at launch but this game is really fantastic. i have a feeling this one is gonna be ranked up there with the best of them.

the only current gen system i own is a ps3, and i've played all the stellar x360 titles. i'm saying that this is hands down one of the best games this generation that i've played. it brings back memories of mario 64 on so many levels. you guys are really in for a treat with this.

goty? don't know yet.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:

Here's a chart showing how these game review sites do against the metacritic score. It seems 1up has a fairly unique position in the gaming press.

holy jebus (graphic saved for later use~)

So based on this if 1up almost said SMG could be GoTY its probably more than worthy of it. The fact that they are saying almost completely positive things about it means it should be the best game ever right? Sounds about right

It also means their Wii rating score begins at 9.3 (to use some twisted logic). The graph shows that ign rates more positively, gamespot rates more negatively and 1up sucks.

Actually if you want to be REALLY negative we can say it begins at -0.7

To Each Man, Responsibility

Shams Rol speed runs games. His completion time (especially in a Metroid game) is not anywhere near that of a normal player. I've seen Metroid Prime completed in an hour and a half. That doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY that short hehe.

However, I'm confused Rol. I can't tell you whether you liked it a lot or were really disappointed with it. Could you clarify that?

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

Yeah, it's incredible short, it's a 5 hour game on veteran difficulty. If you want to see the proof, let's trade Wii numbers and I'll send you the picture of my 100 % completion in 4:44.

Corruption is an excellent game with awesome motion controls. The only negative things I can think of are three items (two on Bryyo, one in Skytown) which take several minutes to collect, the annoying boss fights on hyper difficulty versus Mogenar and Dark Samus and the required friend vouchers trading to unlock all extras.

Hehe, some people count the time needed to finish the game as the time on their first run through. Others count the time of their last run through. It took me 25 hours to play MP3 and it took Rol 5 hours. Guess which types we are.

Ah, okay. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well. Thanks for the clarification. Oh and yes, there was an issue with boss difficulty in this game. Veteran bosses were too easy, but Hyper they were almost too hard. >_

naznatips said:
Ah, okay. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well. Thanks for the clarification. Oh and yes, there was an issue with boss difficulty in this game. Veteran bosses were too easy, but Hyper they were almost too hard. >_<

Oh well, I still love the game. When does Europe get Zack & Wiki Rol?

We get it mid December (Australia).

In fact, I checked our release schedule - and I'm due to get one game, every week - for the next 4-5 weeks:

- Metroid
 - HighSchoolMusical (maybe)
 - Galaxy
 - Mario & Sonic
 - WiiZapper
 - Zack & Wiki

RE:UC is in there somewhere, LegoStarWars hits the same week as Galaxy... but I'll have to skip those (for now). BBA/BBA pack also hits somewhere around Metroid. 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website