By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP - 10 Reasons why Super Mario Galaxy could be GOTY

Oh, thats what happened. I was going to come in here and say that they mentioned it would get a 10, and that GOTY was jumping to conclusions.

Also, did they change it again(LInk doesn't work)? Now it says:

10 reasons Mario Galaxy could be incredible.
Did it actually say GOTY after the first change?

Around the Network

i don't think so, well, i'm not sure, but i think Shams was just quoting the GOTY part from the first paragraph of the preview

RolStoppable said:

Reason #9 is total nonsense. Bowser Jr. always was cool, just look at this hairstyle. He's a wannabe punk and he's awesome in Double Dash!!.

Only two weeks until this game finally hits retail in europe.

But what's the meaning of this sentence, anyone care to explain?

Despite its casual disregard for what you think you should do in a game like this, Galaxy is still a Mario game.

The quote comes off to me as them saying "Even though you have expectations of what makes a mario game and this game went in a totally different direction from what you were expecting...its still an excellent mario game." thats sort of the sentiment I got anyways.

To Each Man, Responsibility

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3164087

Yes, now it's "Incredible"

I wonder if 1up's anti-Wii sentiments are getting through after all hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Is it possible that Nintendo has made a game that lives up to their previous ones?

Around the Network

holy crap i can't wait for this game. this blows out my anticipation to play games like metroid, halo, and mass effect!

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Here's a chart showing how these game review sites do against the metacritic score. It seems 1up has a fairly unique position in the gaming press.

RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

Is it possible that Nintendo has made a game that lives up to their previous ones?

After spending close to 30 hours on Metroid Prime 3 in the first two days of ownership and beating the game five times in six days, my answer has to be "no".

Well then you're the lucky one, you might actually be surprised! Welcome back Rol!

fkusumot said:

Here's a chart showing how these game review sites do against the metacritic score. It seems 1up has a fairly unique position in the gaming press.

holy jebus (graphic saved for later use~)

So based on this if 1up almost said SMG could be GoTY its probably more than worthy of it.  The fact that they are saying almost completely positive things about it means it should be the best game ever right? Sounds about right

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
fkusumot said:

holy jebus (graphic saved for later use~)

So based on this if 1up almost said SMG could be GoTY its probably more than worthy of it. The fact that they are saying almost completely positive things about it means it should be the best game ever right? Sounds about right

It also means their Wii rating score begins at 9.3 (to use some twisted logic). The graph shows that ign rates more positively, gamespot rates more negatively and 1up sucks.