By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1UP - 10 Reasons why Super Mario Galaxy could be GOTY

shams said:
naznatips said:
Ah, okay. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well. Thanks for the clarification. Oh and yes, there was an issue with boss difficulty in this game. Veteran bosses were too easy, but Hyper they were almost too hard. >_<

Oh well, I still love the game. When does Europe get Zack & Wiki Rol?

We get it mid December (Australia).

In fact, I checked our release schedule - and I'm due to get one game, every week - for the next 4-5 weeks:

- Metroid
- HighSchoolMusical (maybe)
- Galaxy
- Mario & Sonic
- WiiZapper
- Zack & Wiki

RE:UC is in there somewhere, LegoStarWars hits the same week as Galaxy... but I'll have to skip those (for now). BBA/BBA pack also hits somewhere around Metroid.

Wrong. Z&W has been pushed back to 2008 for an unknown reason

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

Ouch, that really sucks. You guys are missing out on an incredible (and frustratingly difficult) game.

well, thats a real shame that it was pushed back, however i guess i'll be able to space my games out better as a result, and not feel i need to rush it all :)

Anyway, the actual review score is out, and if we are to believe this review trend, metacritic are going to give Mario somewhere around a 10, because 1up has evidently downgraded the game from 'potential game of the year' to a 'not as good as Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears of War and probably Mass Effect' 9.5. I'm tentatively awaiting their glowing 10.0 reviews for Too Human.

Oh, and Phantom Hourglass got an 8. Apparently for not being innovative enough. Ahem (Halo cough cough splutter).

Sorry is my fanboism too loud?

no the 1up fanboyism drowns out your fanboyism

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Good. I was afraid I'd need an ointment.

Did I miss how metacritic does their score?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy

(100x3)+95+90=485

485/5=97

97 =/= 96

PS - Gamerankings has it at 97 now.  I am curious to see if that rises or falls now.  2 more 100s would put it at 97.85 and in first for the time being.  I don't think it will take first but its damn close and it will probably take 2nd. 

To Each Man, Responsibility