By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Wii/360/PS3 all cost 200?

If all of them cost 200, many people would probably buy the Wii and then either the 360 or the PS3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

IF the specs were EXACTLY the same as they are now for each system the ps3 would be out of stock everywhere as it totally dominates. wii would be 2nd xbox360 3rd. the ps3 -as specced right now- for 200 would destroy the competition handily

I mean it's kind of an odd question because the very nature of the system depends on it's prices. Meaning you can't simply compare these packages without factoring in their real prices. For example ps3 would sell huge at 200 dollars, but the bigger the ps3 became at 200 bucks the more trouble Sony would be in because at 200 dollars they'd be losing so much money on every system that regardless of steep royalties or not they'd never recover. But regardless I think I understand your hypothetical scenario, how would systems sell if price wasn't an issue? I know I'd own all three systems. Many people would simply own all three. Think about it if you could get all three systems for the price of one ps3 who wouldn't? I think people would buy the ps3 simply to have a cheap blu-ray player. But again my point stands comparing systems without factoring in real price is like comparing systems without their components. Like what is ps3 didn't have blu-ray, or Nintendo didn't have is the Wii-mote.

It's also unfair because at 200 dollars your only taking off 50 bucks for the Wii while your off 400 dollars off the ps3. To use percentages if the ps3 became 200 dollars percetange wise thats' a 1/3 of the price. If the Wii was a 1/3 of it's price it'd be $83. Or cheaper then 2 games. So of course it's easy to say the most expensive system will win as it's the that has the most to gain in this scenario.

Even if all 3 were 200 dollars, I'd still get the Wii first because it's offering me the most at this point and for the foreseeable future. :) Then I'd get a PS3 just for Armored Core 4, and I'd still have no reason to get a 360. ^o^;; Edit : I still use the d-pad for AC games, and since the 360 has a horrendous d-pad, I have no reason to pick the 360 version over the PS3 version. I'd rather have a good d-pad than rumble, but I'd honestly rather have both. ~_~

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

fooflexible - first off. The point is, "if all consoles were the same price." I'd buy all 3. I would have bought all 3 at once... for the cost of my PS3. The real question is. Wich one would you buy if they all cost 400$ (happy middle price between highest console, and lowest console) I buy any console I wanna play with at 200$.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: fooflexible - first off. The point is, "if all consoles were the same price." I'd buy all 3. I would have bought all 3 at once... for the cost of my PS3. The real question is. Wich one would you buy if they all cost 400$ (happy middle price between highest console, and lowest console) I buy any console I wanna play with at 200$.
None, because $400 is way too much to spend on a gaming system ...

Alacrist said: @ Darc It's just a "What If" question but I see where your getting at, but if you got into the tech side of it Gears would have never came out, but look at it like they all dropped the price to 200 dollars which brings me to what you said robjoh Nintendo would be losing any money, 360 would be losing around 300 for the Premium (I think) and I think the PS3 would be around 500-600 per system because they already lose about 200 now I think.
Okay, I'll bite on you question. I'm buy the Wii. Because at $200, the 360 and PS3 wouldn't around very long due to the massive losses that their parent companies would incur. Yeah, I know I'm being facetious but this particular what if scenario isn't feasible. Sidenote: At $200 Nintendo would be making $20 per Wii (Would have profited around 120 million dollars since launch) MS would be losing $325 at the 360's launch and $123 as of now (Or they would have lost roughly 2.3 Billion from 360 launch to present) Sony would be losing $640 per PS3 (Would have lost roughly 4 Billion dollars since launch)

Darc Requiem said: Alacrist said: @ Darc It's just a "What If" question but I see where your getting at, but if you got into the tech side of it Gears would have never came out, but look at it like they all dropped the price to 200 dollars which brings me to what you said robjoh Nintendo would be losing any money, 360 would be losing around 300 for the Premium (I think) and I think the PS3 would be around 500-600 per system because they already lose about 200 now I think. Okay, I'll bite on you question. I'm buy the Wii. Because at $200, the 360 and PS3 wouldn't around very long due to the massive losses that their parent companies would incur. Yeah, I know I'm being facetious but this particular what if scenario isn't feasible. Sidenote: At $200 Nintendo would be making $20 per Wii (Would have profited around 120 million dollars since launch) MS would be losing $325 at the 360's launch and $123 as of now (Or they would have lost roughly 2.3 Billion from 360 launch to present) Sony would be losing $640 per PS3 (Would have lost roughly 4 Billion dollars since launch)
As I said nobody said anything about if the company would survive On a side not, I do think Darc Requiem has a good point, can we actualy compare three differnt systems with three different prices? I mean their is a reason why the consols have different prices.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said: Darc Requiem said: Alacrist said: @ Darc It's just a "What If" question but I see where your getting at, but if you got into the tech side of it Gears would have never came out, but look at it like they all dropped the price to 200 dollars which brings me to what you said robjoh Nintendo would be losing any money, 360 would be losing around 300 for the Premium (I think) and I think the PS3 would be around 500-600 per system because they already lose about 200 now I think. Okay, I'll bite on you question. I'm buy the Wii. Because at $200, the 360 and PS3 wouldn't around very long due to the massive losses that their parent companies would incur. Yeah, I know I'm being facetious but this particular what if scenario isn't feasible. Sidenote: At $200 Nintendo would be making $20 per Wii (Would have profited around 120 million dollars since launch) MS would be losing $325 at the 360's launch and $123 as of now (Or they would have lost roughly 2.3 Billion from 360 launch to present) Sony would be losing $640 per PS3 (Would have lost roughly 4 Billion dollars since launch) As I said nobody said anything about if the company would survive On a side not, I do think Darc Requiem has a good point, can we actualy compare three differnt systems with three different prices? I mean their is a reason why the consols have different prices.
I know they are different prices for different reasons so, ok someone help me out what would be in the systems if they were 200?