By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenogears kick ass all

dystopia said:
invetedlotus123 said:
I think Xenosaga Ep3 is pretty good as well. The other 2 episodes are just ok. But EP3 is just great.

Xenosaga never stacked up to being what Xenogears was, kinda sad really i had high hopes.

Kinda agree, but it wasn´t bad game. Just not good as Xenogears.

Around the Network
Nanaki said:
dystopia said:
invetedlotus123 said:
I think Xenosaga Ep3 is pretty good as well. The other 2 episodes are just ok. But EP3 is just great.

Xenosaga never stacked up to being what Xenogears was, kinda sad really i had high hopes.

Kinda agree, but it wasn´t bad game. Just not good as Xenogears.

No none of them were bad games, they just.. you can't compare them to Xenogears, because Xenogears is on an entirely different level.

I've never heard of Xenogears being described as a "love or hate" game, just that it has garnered universal high praise. I will say this, I have played many rpgs over the years on a multitude of formats and Xenogears' story trumps them all.

dystopia said:
invetedlotus123 said:

I played Xenosaga expecting Xenogears version 2.0.

Got maybe 10 hours into Xenosaga Ep 1. One of the most boring games I've ever played.

I mean. EP3 is the best of them, even this one can't be compared?

EP1 have a good storyline, but the gameplay is just so boring! They could release it with just the cutscenes and it would be great!

Around the Network

I've heard a lot of great things about it. It appears to hold a similar place as Planescape Torment does in the WRPG pantheon. EG right at the top. Especially in regards to narrative.

If I ever get a chance I'll definetely give it a play.

invetedlotus123 said:
I mean. EP3 is the best of them, even this one can't be compared?

EP1 have a good storyline, but the gameplay is just so boring! They could release it with just the cutscenes and it would be great!

None of them are even in the same league.
Xenogears is a rare game that pretty much excells in all areas. There is plenty of talk about the story, and yes it's probably one of the strongest stories in video game history, and shows more depth and range of human emotion then any other game I've played. The score is on the shortlist of best game scores ever, the combat mechanics are very unusual and underrated, Xenogears is the whole package.

g-value said:
perpride said:
This thread has made me a believer. I will be putting this game on my PSP and starting it at work.

I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I THNK!!!

You should play it AFTER you play FFXIII. You will enjoying FF13 ALOT less if you play Xenogears first.

Really? It's THAT amazing?

perpride said:
g-value said:
perpride said:
This thread has made me a believer. I will be putting this game on my PSP and starting it at work.

I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I THNK!!!

You should play it AFTER you play FFXIII. You will enjoying FF13 ALOT less if you play Xenogears first.

Really? It's THAT amazing?

Its more then just amazing. Xenogears' has the best storyline in ANY videogame, some of the deepest characters you'll ever find in a videogame, one of the best turn-based combat systems you'll ever find in a jrpg and IMO the best videogame music as well. It would be damn near IMPOSSIBLE for FFXIII to top that.

Never played it. With a name like Xenogears how good could it possibly be?