By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was YOUR most memorable game last gen and has any game...

...this generation come close to your last gen favorite?...surpassed it?...not even close?

My favorite game last gen, my absolute number 1 title has got to be Resident Evil 4, and no current gen game has, so far, been able to recreate the WOW feeling I had when I first played it...this is of course my opinion.

Around the Network

Well I didn't play it until this gen but my favorite game of last gen was Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door.

Hmm, that's a tough one, I don't think one has yet. Maybe Left4Dead but I'd have to chew that one over for a while.

Probably Battlefront 2 or Smash Bros Melee. Both are great but I guess Melee wins since I have logged a couple hundred hours of play out of it.

Last gen is clearly better than this gen, but that coud change as this gen matures.

Edit, honorable mention for Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Final Fantasy X...I don't know what it was about it, but I loved it

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Digimon Rumble Arena 2, that game was amazing to me. I think Elite Beat agents suprised me like Rumble Arena 2 did, I didn't exoect it to be so good, it just is

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

Wind Waker and IMO Twilight Princess is just on par

Toughie.

Big, big favorites last gen (including PC titles):

ICO and SOTC
Half Life 2 (I'm kind of going on age hear rather than gen strictly)
STALKER
Silent Hill 2
System Shock 2

Titles that I've been more or less as impressed by so far this gen:

Uncharted 2
LBP
Portal & Flower - in a smaller, but equally impressed way

I'm missing a huge, SP orientated FPS like Half Life 2 though - this gen has been pretty awful for SP FPS IMHO, clearly due to the huge focus on MP (which I like, but only after playing a truly expansive and interesting SP adventure). CoD4, MW2, Killzone 2, etc. they all pale next to Half Life 2 for me.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

My favourite game last gen was GoW2, but the most memorable has to be Shadow of the Colossus. I can remember every single level.

As for this gen, Uncharted 2 came pretty close to those two, but not quite there.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

luigi's mansion, and so far only Zelda:TP passed it

Resident Evil 4 last gen...but there are many memorable games.

This gen...ummm, dead rising? Halo 3 MP I guess. Not much sticks out.