By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 5 reasons not to buy a PS3

theprof00 said:
kitler53 said:
6. horrible graphics - i was playing the god of war collection yesterday and the graphics were so bad it looked like a ps2 game.

Oh yeah, this should've been mentioned in my opinion.

This has been one of the most anticipated games of the generation and it's really old looking.

The God of War collection is what???...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
amp316 said:
theprof00 said:
amp316 said:
Maybe Sony should start making a new line of batteries.

Seeing as how they did so well with their last line of batteries..... Granted, they were manufactured by Toshiba, they are sony batteries.

They need to corner the market though.  They need to put Duracell and Energizer out of business.

Ah, even if they made it on top, people would still critisize them for not being as good an energy source as the sun.

Ah there's a term for that - it's called Nintendo Syndrome - being looked down upon no matter how good you do.

djs said:
theprof00 said:
kitler53 said:
6. horrible graphics - i was playing the god of war collection yesterday and the graphics were so bad it looked like a ps2 game.

Oh yeah, this should've been mentioned in my opinion.

This has been one of the most anticipated games of the generation and it's really old looking.

The God of War collection is what???...

ever since 1 and 2 came out, everyone was thinking, "What's gunna happen next".

The God of War Collection happened. And it's a big let down.

@ prof00  Funny comment about the sun.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Final-Fan said:
Just thought I'd add in the source of that lovely No. 1 reason:
http://customsites.yahoo.com/financiallyfit/finance/article-108318-3394-3-gifts-you-may-want-to-avoid-html?ywaad=ad0035

It makes me wonder how much people like this get paid ... and how to apply.

I'm pretty sure there's a maximum IQ for that job.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I dunno if you were joking about the god of war collection or not, but its actually really nice. figure both games still run used for around $40 for both, but if you get the GOW collection with a pre-order for GOW3 you get $10 off the collection. And you get trophies for both games plus the resolution matches modern tvs. I happen to have the first GOW and my PS3 is backwards compatible so I tried playing it on my tv. It had support for widescreen and progressive scan which improved picture quality a lot on it, however its nothing in comparison to the collection which is made to fit the resolution correctly. My only complaint about the collection is that all the cinematics were not rerecorded so they don't look as good as actual gameplay lol

theprof00 said:

Anyway this new strategy for Sony is to make the PS3 portable, much like the Gamecube. Unfortunately for Sony, they didn't realize that the Gamecube was a complete failure in that aspect.

This is hilarious , and wrong in so many ways..... I personally take offense to this statement; The gamecube was perfectly portable. I took it with me every time I went home from college for the weekend to play smash with my friends. I'm not sure if this is part of the joke or part of the original author's commentary....... very funny either way.

Currently Playing: NSMB wii, LoZ: Phantom hourglass (DS), Muramasa (Wii), Prince of Persia (PS3), Final Fantasy III (DS), Left 4 Dead (PC), Panzer Dragoon Saga (SS), Radiant Silvergun (SS)

Always Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii), SFIV (PS3), Mario Kart Wii

Steam: the_green_knight453

PSN: VincentVIII

Wii: .........

Proud owner of: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS1, PS2 (slim), PS3, SS, DC, GBP, DSi

Incondite said:
yea, i tried to replace the battery and it got ink all over me.... and i'm on my 16th controller. and now when i start up my ps3, it lets me know that the battery will die in 7 days.

LOL funniest post in the thread, I don't believe people missed that. @ OP, good thread, but a bit obvious. Well, not for everyone, but one of the best things in this threads is how people react to the OP, so if to many people see it spoils half the fun.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aavidbacon said:
Incondite said:
yea, i tried to replace the battery and it got ink all over me.... and i'm on my 16th controller. and now when i start up my ps3, it lets me know that the battery will die in 7 days.

LOL funniest post in the thread, I don't believe people missed that. @ OP, good thread, but a bit obvious. Well, not for everyone, but one of the best things in this threads is how people react to the OP, so if to many people see it spoils half the fun.

you say it's obvious, but there were a couple who didn't even realize it by the 4th paragraph after I said the new ps3 model was the pspgo, and after I said that one of the batteries is locked with an "ink seal that spills ink everywhere if you try to open it". Anyway, I'm glad you liked it.

hahaha what a joke thread.

D+ at best