By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 5 reasons not to buy a PS3

Cougarman said:
reason 6. it has no games, the oldest reason not to buy PS3 since it launched and i dont see why we should get rid of this reason, i know there are some great games like uncharted, MGS4 and VC but lets pretend they don't exist.

this is actually reason 7. There already is a reason 6. I will try to edit the OP and add them in.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
markers said:
theprof00 said:
markers said:
All I can respond with on this is that the Controllers are not glued shut! I just opened mine up to fix the sticky buttons from my soda spill.

haha take that OP!

darth please, what research have you done. I asked a president of a company.

I am the president of a company. And after an extensive amount of research we have come to the conclussion the controllers are not glued shut. With this new information in hand we can stop future catastrophical events from taking place.

Interesting though, that I have a 51% stake control of your company. As senior shareholder, I veto your conclusions.

Ah but in cases such as this we have made a loophole in which decisions such as these come to a vote upon the appointed counsel members within the company. Therefor we await the arrival of those counselmen. Until then senior shareholder I bid you adou

Kantor said:
Dr.Grass said:
2 Options:

Either you (a) are trying to be like Rolstoppable and want to post joke threads

or

(b) You're really stupid.

Looking at theprof00's consoles and sig, we can safely assume that (b) is not the case.

Now, as for (a), did RolStoppable invent the joke when he joined VGC in 2007? Even the joke thread? Forums have been around for a good 10 years, and I'm pretty sure somebody made a thread which was not entirely serious and intended to fool people, before 2007. Why do people act like everyone making a joke thread is copying Rol? If prof had said "It makes perfect sense" or this had been a "Top 8" or even "I figured out why", I could understand your logic. But this is the typical "sarcastic reasons" thread/article that has existed for decades.

Woah. It's just that Roll is pretty good at it and he's the only one on this site that tricks me sometimes. Obviously if you say: "Why do people act like everyone making a joke thread is copying Rol?" , Then obviously Rol has somehow monopolised the joke-thread market in the public's eyes.

But ok, if you insist then I'll admit that Rol hasn't brought anything new to the blogging scene.

EDIT: And in my defense, I couldn't see his consoles or pics in his sig because I switched off pictures to save some cap for the month.

theprof00 said:

5. No Warranty

PS3's hardly ever break so this isn't a big deal

4. Blu Ray

Blu-ray is a reason TO BUY the PS3

3. Digital Distribution

That effects everyone, not just PS3

2. Camera problems

Camera?

1. Controllers

Lol the controller I got with my PS3 in March 2007 still works. What's the problem?

EDIT: Posted by contributors:

6. Graphics quality

The graphics are better then Wii or 360 so this is pretty dumb argument

7. No Games

This argument hasn't been valid since Late 2007

Dr.Grass said:
Kantor said:
Dr.Grass said:
2 Options:

Either you (a) are trying to be like Rolstoppable and want to post joke threads

or

(b) You're really stupid.

Looking at theprof00's consoles and sig, we can safely assume that (b) is not the case.

Now, as for (a), did RolStoppable invent the joke when he joined VGC in 2007? Even the joke thread? Forums have been around for a good 10 years, and I'm pretty sure somebody made a thread which was not entirely serious and intended to fool people, before 2007. Why do people act like everyone making a joke thread is copying Rol? If prof had said "It makes perfect sense" or this had been a "Top 8" or even "I figured out why", I could understand your logic. But this is the typical "sarcastic reasons" thread/article that has existed for decades.

Woah. It's just that Roll is pretty good at it and he's the only one on this site that tricks me sometimes. Obviously if you say: "Why do people act like everyone making a joke thread is copying Rol?" , Then obviously Rol has somehow monopolised the joke-thread market in the public's eyes.

But ok, if you insist then I'll admit that Rol hasn't brought anything new to the blogging scene.

EDIT: And in my defense, I couldn't see his consoles or pics in his sig because I switched off pictures to save some cap for the month.

Well, considering your first post then, I tricked you too. Otherwise you wouldn't have written B)

Around the Network

I like 6 and 7.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Great

Kantor said:
I like 6 and 7.

of course you do; I didn't write them.

God, you're so biased.

Wait about the long time it takes to download simple updates that don't do anything, that more valid than half these reasons.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Since I kind of get this thread now, I'm going to try.

8) Very few extra features. The PS3 may have some features not found on its competitors, like a web browser (which is, unfortunately, battery powered, and you have to call Wal-Mart customer service to replace the battery). But, it is missing critical toaster functionality found in both the Wii and 360. Even the grill is no longer an exclusive feature. And it uses twice as many batteries as the George Foreman 360 Grill.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective