By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 TV Spot Sends Muddled Message

I'm pretty sure a large portion of potential PS3 buyers already know what Blu-Ray, Home, PSN, etc are...this just gets them interested.

Sony's good at making ads. I've seen better from them, but this isn't bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

These ad's are very good. Definately a step up from crying babies and eggs.

Do they try to put too much into the sixty second ad? Perhaps. But they still spend most of it on games and they still advertise the new price. I agree that the thirty second ad is better. Thankfully, those are more common anyways.

The ad is just screaming "Buy our System or we'll rape you".

In all seriousness though buy the system or I will rape you. Nuff said

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

I have to agree with Wired on this.

Those are loud commericals targeting the main demo -- males of high school and college age. They don't tell you anything (unless you know what the blue ray symbol means and surveys have shown that a lot of PS3 owners must not because they did not know the machines had that capability.

Of course, they do speak what Sony hopes will be the key words -- "Starting at $399."

Only time will tell. But they seem to be designed to steal people who were going to already get a 360 or who had delayed in getting a PS3 rather than cultivating new customers.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

their playstation 2 ads still were better

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I think the new commercials are great.
I don't know how successful they will be (which is obviously the point), but they are incredibly well done.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Anyone know what song is played in this ad? It is buggin me because I have heard it before. Send me a private message or reply. Thanks guys.

snooty89 said:
Anyone know what song is played in this ad? It is buggin me because I have heard it before. Send me a private message or reply. Thanks guys.

Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxo3OnekPg8

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Quote:

by which he means it will emphasize the console's exclusive games. In addition to pushing titles like Drake's Fortune, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and Ratchet & Clank

These games appeal to almost no one, no one really ever cared much about these games, and no ones going to anytime soon, Sony better not be relying on these games.