By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Iwata's Bold Prediction thread

haha nice job Ninty :D - the latest shipment data has them all above 10m already!!!

Now I wonder if all three of them can top 20m????
Cuz honestly, I do see this as a great possibility :P
Think that's gonna happen???

Around the Network

Yes, almost certainly.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I am not sure about Wii fit Plus reaching 20 M...but NSMBWii and WiiSports Resort for sure will achieve that mark.

Demotruk said:
morenoingrato said:
the question is.... will wii fot plus make it?

The answer is... yes.

It's only got 2.4 million left to sell and 3 months to sell it in, and then there's the fact that Nintendo sell more to retailers than reach consumers in the same time frame, ie. they'll ship 10 million before 10 million have been sold to consumers, but the former is 'sold' from Nintendo's perspective.

Nintendo never reports shipped units as sold - only as shipped. They have their own sold-to-consumers figures, and report only those as "sold".

Khuutra said:

Nintendo never reports shipped units as sold - only as shipped. They have their own sold-to-consumers figures, and report only those as "sold".

He was talking to investors though. In that context it's unlikely he meant anything other than sold by the company, not sold by retailers to consumers.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Khuutra said:

He was talking to investors though. In that context it's unlikely he meant anything other than sold by the company, not sold by retailers to consumers.

Then why wouldn't he just say "shipped", as was said in recently released reports?

And actually, we aren't talking about something that was said, but something that will be said. Or something

Loo

I forgot where I was going with this

Actually, he said neither. He didn't say "shipped", he didn't say "sold". He said "So I believe each of these three software titles have the potential to surpass 10 million copies worldwide in the whole fiscal year."

well nice thread to resurface... I had missed this in the past and it's fun to see it apear!

gratz ninty!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Nintendo outdoes itself again.

is it called "bold prediction" now?