Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 Final Fantasy Games

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Boutros said:
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Final Fantasy VIII
4. Final Fantasy II
5. Final Fantasy XII

... No matter how good it looks, I think it's kind of strange to put FF13 on a list when you haven't played it yet.

lol

I added it as a joke because I only played 4 Final Fantasy games.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Boutros said:
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Final Fantasy VIII
4. Final Fantasy II
5. Final Fantasy XII

... No matter how good it looks, I think it's kind of strange to put FF13 on a list when you haven't played it yet.

lol

I added it as a joke because I only played 4 Final Fantasy games.

Ahh, well then, nevermind :)

1 Final FantasyXII
2 Final FantasyX
3 Final FantasyVII
4 Final FantasyVIII
5 Final FantasyVI

Hmm... in order, best first, it's 6, 5, 4, 1, 3 for me.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

1. This is the hard spot, but I'll have to pick IX for this.
I've done just about everything you can do with this game from getting Excalibur 2 to beating Ozma with a lvl 1 team, I am currently replaying it again and I still love it just as much. Kweh!

2. Kefka...
Oh right that's not the game title.

3. Final Fantasy X will always be one of my favourite games though will never be better in my eyes than the perfection that is VI or just how much I love IX, Good music awesome on the PS2 Great story but just not enough.

4. Final Fantasy V, I played this with my cousin during an especially hot summer keeping me from going outside when coming back to school everyone else was suntanned, I wasn't. I'm just sad I can't remember much at all.

5. Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy I played and will always hold a special place in my heart other than that I can't contribute with anything new about this game that hasn't been said and definitly deserves a place on my top 5 Final Fantasy games.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VIII

On my list will be,

#1. Final Fantasy 7 - For the great storyline, the amazing gameplay at that time, and well, it was my first Final Fantasy and it got me hooked on the Final Fantasy Series. Although it may not have a deep gameplay system, it was interesting enough for me to keep going and to score an almost perfect game. It is number 1 because it was the first game that made me cried and for making me replay it 4 times.

#2. Final Fantasy 8 - It was quite hard to decide on number 2, but FF8 won for the best storyline, albeit the time compression theory had loopholes. On my 2nd playthrough, I realised what a deep storyline it had, and the gameplay was one of the most complex for the Final Fantasy series in my opinion. I was totally hooked on Triple Triad and trying to get all the cards. I actually won Alexander with all the stupid same/plus random rule. I am still amazed.

#3. Final Fantasy 10 - This was to be number 2, but it got pushed back because IMHO, it loses out to FF8 in terms of storyline and gameplay. The storyline is great, the love story is great too. However, I was more in tune with Squall and Rinoa instead of Tidus and Yuna. The gameplay was linear and that was great, however the leveling system and magic were quite standard fare, just in a different format in the form of a Sphere Grid. The turn based battle also made it not so exciting anymore. What is good is the great graphics and lively atmosphere that FF10 brought.

#4. Final Fantasy 6 - It has a good blend of storyline and characters. It bordered on a modern world mixed with a fantastical old age world. By this, I mean the atmosphere and feel of the game itself, such as the villages, towns and fields. Storyline wise, it is as good as FF7 and FF10 but was not developed more, unlike FF7 with its compilations and FF10 with FFX-2. It has a great mix of characters too, probably the best and most interesting out of all the FF, with the exception of Vivi. Gameplay is standard fare too since the previous few Final Fantasies. It loses out because of nothing really outstanding to it compared to the previous 3 BUT it does have a lot of memorable scenes, such as Terra discovering she is an esper, when Locke reminisces about Rachel, and the moggles!

#5. Final Fantasy 9 - It has an average storyline and standard fare gameplay. Its storyline was interesting enough however it was not as deep as FF7, FF8 and FF10. Gameplay was standard and interesting enough however it was not as complex as FF8. It loses out to FF6 because its characters were not as interesting, with the exception of Vivi. What is really memorable is the hell of a time it takes to prepare for Ozma although I never did beat that stupid round ball. I figure I would rather beat a boss with more spunk and good looks such as Ultima Weapon, Omega Weapon, Aeons or some dragon, instead of a glowing round ball. A ball.

This rounds up the top 5.

Special Mentions -

Final Fantasy 12 - It had a deep storyline, really deep. I loved it. Its gameplay was standard and interesting enough too. However, it was too dull. The whole game never had a piece of interesting music. It had nice music, however, I would prefer my FF with some exciting, heart beating music when I am fighting a boss. I never did get around to finishing all its sidequest.

Final Fantasy 5 - Of all the old age final fantasy before 6, Final Fantasy 5 was probably the most interesting in terms of storyline and gameplay. I loved its job system. And I can never forget the battle with Gilgamesh on the big bridge.

Yuyyder said:
On my list will be,

#1. Final Fantasy 7 - For the great storyline, the amazing gameplay at that time, and well, it was my first Final Fantasy and it got me hooked on the Final Fantasy Series. Although it may not have a deep gameplay system, it was interesting enough for me to keep going and to score an almost perfect game. It is number 1 because it was the first game that made me cried and for making me replay it 4 times.

#2. Final Fantasy 8 - It was quite hard to decide on number 2, but FF8 won for the best storyline, albeit the time compression theory had loopholes. On my 2nd playthrough, I realised what a deep storyline it had, and the gameplay was one of the most complex for the Final Fantasy series in my opinion. I was totally hooked on Triple Triad and trying to get all the cards. I actually won Alexander with all the stupid same/plus random rule. I am still amazed.

#3. Final Fantasy 10 - This was to be number 2, but it got pushed back because IMHO, it loses out to FF8 in terms of storyline and gameplay. The storyline is great, the love story is great too. However, I was more in tune with Squall and Rinoa instead of Tidus and Yuna. The gameplay was linear and that was great, however the leveling system and magic were quite standard fare, just in a different format in the form of a Sphere Grid. The turn based battle also made it not so exciting anymore. What is good is the great graphics and lively atmosphere that FF10 brought.

#4. Final Fantasy 6 - It has a good blend of storyline and characters. It bordered on a modern world mixed with a fantastical old age world. By this, I mean the atmosphere and feel of the game itself, such as the villages, towns and fields. Storyline wise, it is as good as FF7 and FF10 but was not developed more, unlike FF7 with its compilations and FF10 with FFX-2. It has a great mix of characters too, probably the best and most interesting out of all the FF, with the exception of Vivi. Gameplay is standard fare too since the previous few Final Fantasies. It loses out because of nothing really outstanding to it compared to the previous 3 BUT it does have a lot of memorable scenes, such as Terra discovering she is an esper, when Locke reminisces about Rachel, and the moggles!

#5. Final Fantasy 9 - It has an average storyline and standard fare gameplay. Its storyline was interesting enough however it was not as deep as FF7, FF8 and FF10. Gameplay was standard and interesting enough however it was not as complex as FF8. It loses out to FF6 because its characters were not as interesting, with the exception of Vivi. What is really memorable is the hell of a time it takes to prepare for Ozma although I never did beat that stupid round ball. I figure I would rather beat a boss with more spunk and good looks such as Ultima Weapon, Omega Weapon, Aeons or some dragon, instead of a glowing round ball. A ball.

This rounds up the top 5.

Special Mentions -

Final Fantasy 12 - It had a deep storyline, really deep. I loved it. Its gameplay was standard and interesting enough too. However, it was too dull. The whole game never had a piece of interesting music. It had nice music, however, I would prefer my FF with some exciting, heart beating music when I am fighting a boss. I never did get around to finishing all its sidequest.

Final Fantasy 5 - Of all the old age final fantasy before 6, Final Fantasy 5 was probably the most interesting in terms of storyline and gameplay. I loved its job system. And I can never forget the battle with Gilgamesh on the big bridge.

It did have a deep system.

FFX
FF7
FF9
Crisis Core
FF12 (Though pretty poor)

I've noticed a plethora of FF X fans.
Maybe I abandoned that game too early? It was just so damn hard for me to get past the obnoxious voice-acting!

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK