By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 Final Fantasy Games

What are your Top 5 Final Fantasy games? Mines are the following:

1.) Final Fantasy X - EPIC storyline, great characters, awesome and very fun battle system, wonderful music, amazing graphics (for it's time) and a fantastic atmosphere is what makes this my absolute favorite Final Fantasy game. I hope FFXIII will end up being better though.

2.) Final Fantasy IV - Awesome storyline, great characters, awesome music and a nice battle system. Really great game.

3.) Final Fantasy VII - Deep storyline (though the beginning part of the game and the ending itself was bad), great characters, great music, great atmosphere and a really fun battle system is what did it for me.

4.) Final Fantasy VIII - I loved the story, music and atmosphere of the game but the gameplay was a real drag.

5.) Final Fantasy IX - Everything about this game was great but nothing really amazing. The storyline was great but not as powerful as FFX, FFIV, FFVIII and FFVII's storyline, the combat system was fun but "Trance" fails hard, the characters were great, the graphics were great and the atmosphere was nice. The music was nice too but nothing really memorable IMO.

Around the Network

Mmmh Ok.......

5.- Final Fantasy X: Fun gameplay, nice music the combat system was pretty good, unfortunaly for this game it has a problem child called "Spice Girls in fantasy world" (AKA Final Fantasy X-2)

4.- Final Fantasy IV: Gret story, nice characters, Nothing much to say about it, except that the DS version is one of my favorite.

3.- Final Fantasy Tactics.....Yes I know it's not part of the main series but the replay value and gameplay mechanics are awesome.

2.- Final Fantasy VII: Great characters, awesome music, nice story BUT the Nibelheim part ruined a good portion of this game for me, plus the obsession that some fans have for Sepiroth and Cloud is quite annoying.

1.- Final Fantasy VI: This's in my opinion what a real FF experience should be. I love this game from begining to end, the characters are strong and well defined, the music is oustanding (I still play the soundtrack from time to time) every character is important and all of them have good parts, even if it's a 16-bit game the graphics are beautiful and the ending is great. One of my favorite games of all time.

6, 9, 7, 4, 12

Runner up would be 10.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

IX and VI.

That's it.

1.  Final Fantasy IX -  Perfect fantasy setting, great story, great gameplay.  Everything about it was fantastic.

2.  Final Fantasy X - The first PS2 FF, it was bigger, better and astounding.  I beat the game for the first and only time, two days before my father died.  It will always have a special place in my heart as one of the greatest moments of my life, right before one of the worst.

3.  Final Fantasy VII - The first FF I had played in a long time and it was a strange but beautiful move in the right direction.

4.  Final Fantasy VIII - IMO, the best FF story ever.  But that damn Guardian system pissed me off to no end.

5.  The Final Fantasy Legend III - My very first FF game.  I have played this game countless times, on family vacations and just sitting around the house.  This is the one FF game that I probably have spent the most time playing.

Around the Network

A lot of Final Fantasy threads this days. I wonder why.

1. Final Fantasy IX

2. Final Fantasy VI

3. Final Fantasy IV

4. Final Fantasy I

5. Final Fantasy V

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Final Fantasy VII
Remaining are just re-cycled FF games.
Japan gaming and game developers are dead.They always makes re-cycled games expect (demon soul's)

The only ones I'm 100% certain about for this list are my #1 and #2 picks. And even then I have a hard time deciding which should be #1 and which should be #2, but I guess I'll just wing it.

1. Final Fantasy X - Great game in pretty much every way, in my opinion. Impressive graphics for it's time (Square always knew how to push graphics), great story, great characters ... I just downright love it. Also, I have the same necklace that Tidus has and I've wore it like every day for about 5 years.

2. Final Fantasy VIII - I remember when I had only played FF7, and my brother told me about this new cool Final Fantasy-game, and when I heard that it wasn't going to be the same characters as in FF7 I pouted like hell and was really reluctant to try it. Then I did. And I fell in love. And I am still in love. To be honest, I probably love this more than FFX, just that it's been way longer since I played it. One of the most influental games of my childhood.

3. Final Fantasy VI - I haven't played this much at all. But the little I have played tells me that I love this game. I never quite get around to playing it properly, because I don't want to play a ROM of it, and I've been holding out for a Virtual Console release which seems to never happen, since FF-releases on VC, even in Japan, magically stopped after FF4, for some reason. I'm still hoping.

4. Final Fantasy VII - The first one I played, the one that got me into the series. A good RPG, to be sure, but honestly I don't think it's up to par with the greater games of the series. But it started the massive popularization of Final Fantasy, so I guess I'll have to give credit where credit is due.

5. Final Fantasy IX - Honestly, I didn't like this one very much growing up. Currently replaying it with a friend (though he's doing most of the playing), and now I quite like it. If I replay it myself sometime it might rise higher, but for now it sits comfortably at #5.

5. Final Fantasy X

4. Final Fantasy VII

3. Final Fantasy IX

2. Final Fantasy IV

1. Final Fantasy VI

The main factors for this list is how much I liked the story and characters.

My list without comments (the game already said everything).

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Final Fantasy IV
4. Final Fantasy IX
5. Final Fantasy X