By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 Final Fantasy Games

1. FFT
2. FF9
3. FF7
4. FF6

5. FF10

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

1- Final Fantasy VI

2- Final Fantasy VIII (tie)

2- Final Fantasy X (tie)

4- Final Fantasy VII

5- Final Fantasy IX

w3ow before I post my list, I'm GLAD FF10 is getting so much love

FF13 is in the right hands, the FF10 team won't disappoint!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

... Wait.

... What?

... FF13 is being made by the same guys who made FFX?

... SIGN ME UP FOR THE HYPE TRAIN DARTH, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 13TH FANTASY EPIC!

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

3. Final Fantasy VI - I haven't played this much at all. But the little I have played tells me that I love this game. I never quite get around to playing it properly, because I don't want to play a ROM of it, and I've been holding out for a Virtual Console release which seems to never happen, since FF-releases on VC, even in Japan, magically stopped after FF4, for some reason. I'm still hoping.

I played the game for the first time this year on the SNES emulator. It is the greatest RPG I have ever played. So much great and unforgetable moments. You need to play this game, like now!

Around the Network

1. Final Fantasy VI - Brilliant opera scene. Great story, characters, and gameplay. I played FF7 and FF8 first and bought the FF anthology but was hesitant to try it since it was 16 bit but I had read that this was the best so I was curious. I played it and fell in love with it the moment Figaro castle submerged. Just a classic

2. Final Fantasy IX - Wonderful fantasy setting. Great characters and story. I specifically loved the atmosphere of this one. The Bahamuth Alexander battle is one of my favorite moments. It also has my favorite ending.

3. Final Fantasy XII - Great great story. Balthier, Gabranth, and Basch are excellent characters and among my all time favorites. I found the gambit system a lot of fun. It did however have the weakest FF soundtrack of all time IMO (I'm not saying it was bad. It was okay just not as good as all the other FF soundtracks I heard.

4. Final Fantasy VII - First FF I played. Graphics were amazing at the time. The opening CG transitioning to gameplay was amazing. Discovering the world map for the first time and realizing there was a whole world to explore (It was also my first JRPG though I had played Fallout 1 and 2 before this). It is also my favorite FF soundtrack. Aerith theme, the world map theme, and One Winged Angel are among my favorites.

5. Final Fantasy X - Great gameplay and music though I found the story just ok. I specifically loved the sphere grid.

Honorable mentions

6. Final Fantasy VIII - Found drawing magic a bit tedious. I did love the FMV sequences and the story.

7. Crisis Core - Great story.

I haven't played Final Fantasy 1 to 4. If I ever get a DS I'll try 4. I also havent played FF 11 and I won't play 14 since I don't like online.

Dishonorable Mention

FFX2 - I just hated it.

Final Fantasy V - I tried but I just couldn't get into it and I quit playing after 2 hours. If they make a remake I'll give it another try.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

... Wait.

... What?

... FF13 is being made by the same guys who made FFX?

... SIGN ME UP FOR THE HYPE TRAIN DARTH, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 13TH FANTASY EPIC!

W-T-F

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS majin!

____

anyway FF12 was made by the FF Tactics team

FF13 is being made primarily by the FF10 team (even the music director is the one who helped uematsu in FF10)

& it also involves FF7 team members

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

1 - Final Fantasy VII - Not just the best Final Fantasy, the best game ever made. This game pretty much set the standards for what a 3D RPG should be: Amazing characters, one of a kind battle system and an INSAAAANE storyline. And One of the best soundtracks to date. By the time I got to the end of the first disc, I already felt as if I had gone through a three movie epic. This game deserves all the praise it gets.

I can't even put the rest in order because I can't decide which I like more. But the rest of my top five would have to be chosen from:

FFX - amazing characters, graphics, battles, story. The most tragic game int he series.

FFXII - the best storyline in a Final Fantasy for years. Probably the most adult and serious game in the series. I loved the battle and gambit system despite what most people though.

FFVIII - Amazing graphics for it's time. Again, great characters and a mindfuck for a storyline.

FFIX - Loved the leveling up system, 4 party battles, and being able to link character attacks like Vivi and Steiner.

FFIV - Cecil is one of the most memorable main characters. He gave the game a lot of style. Golbez being his brother was a great twist. Having two different layers to the world map (the moon too) was revolutionary for me at the time. If they would have actually killed off Cid, the brothers and everyone else who sacrificed themselves, this game would have had the best storyline ever.

FFVI - What "top Final Fantasy" list is complete without VII and VI? Watching Terra's emotional struggle was amazing. This game also let you play with different characters and get different prespectives on the same event. The battle system was great and pretty much set the ground for FFVII. The graphics destroyed 99.9% of the games that were out during it's time.

I think a few months ago a similar thread popped up, but here goes my list once again ;)

1 - Final Fantasy VI. So many memorable moments, including the Opera Scene, Ultros hilarious comments, Gau, Cyan and Locke are amongst the best characters in a FF game ever, Kefka is the best villain ever concieved for a FF game as he's the one to properly do villain work, it has the best OST in a FF game...so many good things to be said about FFVI :)

2 - Final Fantasy XII. The best overall story in a Final Fantasy game. Ivalice's world is very well thought off, and Dalmasca's struggles mixed with the intrigues of the Archadia empire were superbly done. Basch and Gabranth have the best feud ever in a Final Fantasy game

3 - Final Fantasy VII. The best development system in a Final Fantasy game - Materia System - It allowed for so much strategy and so many different approaches. Plus it has the best mini game ever concieved for a FF game - Chocobo Racing xD

4 - Final Fantasy IV. The second best story in a Final Fantasy game. Golbez's character construct is one of the smartest ever, and the overall history of the people of Lufenia is pretty unique

5 - Final Fantasy IX. The return to the classical feeling of the saga, and has so many memorable characters, especially Vivi and Steiner xD Also Tetra Master is my favourite Card Mini Game ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark - I like your way of thinking. Every single one of the goes games was also on my list :)