By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taylor Swift is the first female artist to sell out Gillette Stadium EVER

A Swift sell-out for Gillette Stadium concert next June

FOXBORO - Singing sensation Taylor Swift - who last week earned eight Grammy nominations - took 20 minutes to sell out Gillette Stadium Saturday.

Tickets were immediately scoffed up for the June 5 show - the 19-year-old's first at an NFL stadium.

Swift is touring in support of her album "Fearless." Her concert will make her the first female solo artist to headline Gillette Stadium.

Opening for Swift will be top-selling country music artist and former "American Idol" contestant Kellie Pickler, pop prodigy Justin Bieber and country group Gloriana.

Swift was nominated for eight Grammys, including Record of the Year and Album of the Year (for Fearless). In November, Swift won five American Music Awards: Artist of the Year, Favorite Female Artist (Country), Favorite Female Artist (Pop/Rock), Favorite Album (Country - for Fearless), and Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist. Also last month, Swift won all four Country Music Association Awards for which she was nominated: Entertainer of the Year, Album of the Year, Female Vocalist of the Year, and Music Video of the Year.

The June show will mark the fourth consecutive year that the CMA Entertainer of the Year has headlined Gillette Stadium. Kenny Chesney, who won the award in 2006, 2007 and 2008, headlined The New England Country Music Festival at Gillette Stadium each of following summers.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2009/12/06/news/6565875.txt

LEGEND!!! 20 minutes it took to sell out! Expect this to be all over the news! T Swift Strikes again with her legendary gaines!!

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

Wow! Really????

Justin Bieber is touring with Taylor, Kellie and Gloriana? Say it aint so!

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Selling a lot of tickets doesn't make her good - it makes her popular.

misleading thread! what she does is not art, therfore she is not an artist!!!

I joke : p

That article doesn't say Taylor Swift is the first female artist to sell out Gillette Stadium ever. It says she sold out in 20 minutes and it says she's the first solo artist to headline at the stadium. Sounds like there's absolutely no comparison to speak of. They just don't get any female headlining tours at Gillette Stadium. As it is, Swift is one of only two tours they have next year at the stadium.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

On January 16th 1988 Tina Turner played the worlds largest paid concert for a female solo artist, attracting over 184,000 people to see her live. I reckon that's 3 times more than Taylor Swift.

Good for her. And while she isn't a slut like Brittany Spears, I just don't see the appeal of Taylor Swift. She's pretty mediocre in my opinion. I liked "Romeo & Juliet" a bit, though.

She is a horrible singer, sorry.

In comparison, the highest paid actor for a movie ever, is Keanu Reeves. That does not making him the best actor ever. In fact, he is not even close.

Taylor Swift is the Keanu Reeves of Music.

TheRealMafoo said:
She is a horrible singer, sorry.

In comparison, the highest paid actor for a movie ever, is Keanu Reeves. That does not making him the best actor ever. In fact, he is not even close.

Taylor Swift is the Keanu Reeves of Music.

Mafoo, this is a brilliant analogy.

Why are you so obsessed with her???