By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima: " Natal will start a Revolution "

Kojima:" Natal will start a Revolution "

Microsoft organized a panel with some of the biggest japanese game creators to talk about Project Natal. Metal Gear Solid mastermind Hideo Kojima gave high praise to the technology saying that " we are going to see the same sort of revolution of going from 2D games to 3D games with the move to Natal ".

Here's what Kojima had to say about Project Natal :

" Kojima was absolutely blown away when he saw it. Takahashi claimed that he thought Kojima almost fainted when he saw it "

" Kojima said that he really wanted to be here because he believe in the possibilities of the controller -- he said it has the potential to really change the lifestyle of gamers. he said he wants to use natal in his games, but he's really more excited about seeing how Natal changes the lifestyle habits of gamers "

" Kojima said that Natal is going to raise the bar for game development "

" Kojima said we are going to see the same sort of revolution of going from 2D games to 3D games with the move to Natal "

" Kojima is now talking about how this is going to be a transitional stage -- for example, some gamers might not be able to accept trying to control a driving game with a pretend steering wheel in their hands "

" Kojima said that he wants to do stuff that incorporates all aspects of the Natal -- the camera, the voice, the motion control. He especially loves the face recognition possibilities. he said he would like to make a game kind of like AI "

" Kojima says he would love to use Natal to come out with a completely new game that no one has played before "

-All the information was taken from Kotaku and 1UP live blog.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wow does Kojima sound excited. Natal should be big. Although I am not sure if all of these quotes have been posted here before.
Discuss.

Around the Network

Hope he wont get disappointed :>

Xbox Revolution Confirmed

...|:

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Maybe.It looks interesting but how it will work out for most of current gamers, I don't know.

Ps3+Wii are doomed!

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

seeing videos of this thing, makes me believe that natal should be nothing short of amazing

...These are some old quotes. He said these way back from E3...but I want to see what he'll do with it

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I think the Sony wand will start a revolution.... for sure.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

I still hope people make games for controllers after all this natal , wii and Sony motion stuff.... Me personally I just like gaming with my regular playstation or xbox360 controllers playing the games I want but I wouldn't mine something cool for a family type thing.... But still I hope it's not something that makes the devolpers abandon everything on regular controller

I still hope people make games for controllers after all this natal , wii and Sony motion stuff.... Me personally I just like gaming with my regular playstation or xbox360 controllers playing the games I want but I wouldn't mine something cool for a family type thing.... But still I hope it's not something that makes the devolpers abandon everything on regular controller