By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 failure rate now less than 4%

lol anyone taking this seriously is completely stupid 500 units that aren't even 6 months old doesn't say anything, and that's only for RROD not even failrate, squaretrade put the failrate of the 360 at 16% then on the same report they got this from they put it at up to 35% this kind of data is completely inaccurate and should not have even been included

Around the Network
thetruthteller89 said:
lol anyone taking this seriously is completely stupid 500 units that aren't even 6 months old doesn't say anything, and that's only for RROD not even failrate, squaretrade put the failrate of the 360 at 16% then on the same report they got this from they put it at up to 35% this kind of data is completely inaccurate and should not have even been included

Thats for FAILURE RATE.  RROD is less than 1% of the 4% FAILURE RATE.  I guess you didn't read carefully enough.

Also, it's 500 units after 1 year.  Jasper came out in Oct/Nov 2008.

nightsurge said:
thetruthteller89 said:

Thats for FAILURE RATE.  RROD is less than 1% of the 4% FAILURE RATE.  I guess you didn't read carefully enough.

Try reading when the report was published genius (less then 6 months after jasper were out) and theres no guaranty that all or any of them was sold on the first day the ones studied could be all less then a week old for all you know 

dirkd2323 said:
I don't believe it for a minute, all things I have read for Dec of 2009, is the opposite.

Link? On CAG a site that I frequent all the time Jasper RROD or E whatever seems to be more and more rare. Then again most people have the older chipsets to still deal with. I'm just wondering when Vahalla is coming out as It was supposed to be 2010?

It's just that simple.

You forgot a 't' in there PlaystaionGamer.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
dirkd2323 said:
I don't believe it for a minute, all things I have read for Dec of 2009, is the opposite.

Link? On CAG a site that I frequent all the time Jasper RROD or E whatever seems to be more and more rare. Then again most people have the older chipsets to still deal with. I'm just wondering when Vahalla is coming out as It was supposed to be 2010?

Assuming the jasper model does produce less heat all it's really doing is holding off the failure for a little while, so yes it's true the jasper models will probably last longer they won't last anywhere as long as they should MS has neglected time and time again to fix the underline issues and they just don't seem to care to

thetruthteller89 said:
nightsurge said:
thetruthteller89 said:

Try reading when the report was published genius (less then 6 months after jasper were out) and theres no guaranty that all or any of them was sold on the first day the ones studied could be all less then a week old for all you know 

Date published:  August 28, 2009.

Jasper Released:  Oct/Nov 2008.....  So ~11 months after Jasper release....

Again... did you not read carefully enough?

One side claims bull - One side claims proof - and both sides argue over flawed research :D

Lots of fans up in this be-aatch. One can almost tag each and everyone that's posted in this thread as a huge fan of either side of the console war.

It's a lot simpler than whats being discussed here..Of the 3 consoles the 360 is by far the worst designed console (IMHO of any gen) for reliability. Arguing over what it is now is irrelivent, the damage has been done, Microsoft tried to respond but at the end of the day Microsoft are banging their heads against a wall when it comes to fighting 2 of the best companies in the world for reliability in Electronic products.

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Bladeforce said:
It's a lot simpler than whats being discussed here..Of the 3 consoles the 360 is by far the worst designed console (IMHO of any gen) for reliability. Arguing over what it is now is irrelivent, the damage has been done, Microsoft tried to respond but at the end of the day Microsoft are banging their heads against a wall when it comes to fighting 1 of the best companies in the world for reliability in Electronic products.

I corrected that error for you, I don't count the company reknowned for exploding batteries and one of the worst laser designs in console gaming history as being one of the best for reliability.

Despite your obvious trolling, you are quite correct that for some people the RROD damage has been done and they will not buy one, others will look at the 3 years warranty and positive news as a reason to feel safe though now also.  I'll also conceed that the 360 is the worst designed console for a long time, at least they've tried to care for their customers a little though and for that there should be some element of credit sent their way too.