By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 failure rate now less than 4%

it's only trolling when my opinion differ from someone elses that cant seem to take the said comment well. Yes i do believe the 360 is the worst console ever for reliability even though we will never know what % of the PS2's total sales were just re-buys of a broken system. As for making your statement against Sony (and please this is a neutral view!) For the amount of electronics Sony spill out in a year the laser and battery episodes wouldnt even put the returns into double figures against their total electronic sales in a year. Microsoft seemed to have broken all records with this one console never mind the 100 different electronics equipment that Sony must sell. If Microsoft were as heavy into electronics as Sony were they would surely be bankrupt within a year. PLEASE PLEASE this is IMHO!!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

This is a joke thread right? Please dont say no

STEKSTAV said:
One side claims bull - One side claims proof - and both sides argue over flawed research :D

Lots of fans up in this be-aatch. One can almost tag each and everyone that's posted in this thread as a huge fan of either side of the console war.

THANK-YOU for saying this, I could not have said it better.  It would be funny if it didn't happen on EVERY SINGLE THREAD of it's type that is posted here, but it is totally transparent when the only people vehemently arguing against this post (even to the point of chiding the data and person behind it) are the ones with nothing but RED under their avatars.  This quickly infuriates those with nothing but green.  Then the thread might as well be locked.

EDIT:  Got so flustered with some of the stupidity that I forgot to say what I came to say... Good job MS.  I am confident that they have learned from this experience and will rectify these mistakes next gen too.

There is no questioning that MS screwed up the design of the 360 when it first came out. But I also have to give them credit for handling the situation a lot better than many other companies have in the past.

Bladeforce said:
it's only trolling when my opinion differ from someone elses that cant seem to take the said comment well. Yes i do believe the 360 is the worst console ever for reliability even though we will never know what % of the PS2's total sales were just re-buys of a broken system. As for making your statement against Sony (and please this is a neutral view!) For the amount of electronics Sony spill out in a year the laser and battery episodes wouldnt even put the returns into double figures against their total electronic sales in a year. Microsoft seemed to have broken all records with this one console never mind the 100 different electronics equipment that Sony must sell. If Microsoft were as heavy into electronics as Sony were they would surely be bankrupt within a year. PLEASE PLEASE this is IMHO!!

You're more than welcome to it, just don't expect me to not question statements that are for a fact questionable. 

I never questioned the 360 being the most unreliable system ever, I merely stated that putting Sony on a plateau after the poor treatment they doled out to many PS2 customers last generation isn't very balanced IMHO.  I'll leave it at that as we obviously have polar opposite views in this regard, largely I expect due to each others past experiences I'd summise.

Around the Network

That's good to hear.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E