By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 failure rate now less than 4%

wow, that should have drained a while of time and a bunch of money

Around the Network
almcchesney said:
even for most of 2009 our store only got in the old falcon models, and while they are a lot better than the old ones but for saying lower than 4% is a bit much, like the article said they are models created in 2009 and they probably just havent been used enough for said failure. someone bought an elite 360 and it red ringed a week and a half later and it was a brand new jasper chip

1 week after the PS3 slim release we had 27 returned back faulty to our central warehouse, we have had fewer MW2 and Forza bundled 360's returned than that.  The failure rate for both HD consoles is about the same now, they're both higher than 4% though.

Only RROD down to 4%.

I wonder what the other errors are at.

Still, good to hear RROD has been more or less fixed.

@ slowmo, yea they are more or less even but its still above 4%

almcchesney said:
even for most of 2009 our store only got in the old falcon models, and while they are a lot better than the old ones but for saying lower than 4% is a bit much, like the article said they are models created in 2009 and they probably just havent been used enough for said failure. someone bought an elite 360 and it red ringed a week and a half later and it was a brand new jasper chip

Well, 4% DOES mean 4 per 100.  So, if you sold 100, somebody's is going to break.

Around the Network

These are great news. I sold my X360 fearing it would break soon, and I'm glad to see I can buy one again someday without being that afraid of the red ring of death.

my launch elite is still hanging on...well, it's actually collecting dust, as I'm waiting for the damn transfer kit to port my data to my MW2 360's 250GB. M$ is pissing me off with this shit...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
my launch elite is still hanging on...well, it's actually collecting dust, as I'm waiting for the damn transfer kit to port my data to my MW2 360's 250GB. M$ is pissing me off with this shit...

My transfer kit came two days after I ordered it.  Lucky me!

d21lewis said:
heruamon said:

My transfer kit came two days after I ordered it.  Lucky me!

Yeah...I called today and they shipped it on the 25th of Nov...so I'll probably get it next year. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

the reactions in this thread are hilarious.. I have not seen ANYONE say that the failure rate of 360s are anywhere NEAR the old levels.. yet everyone here acts like as if we never even knew... noone spoke about it because everyone knew it was alot lower.. not because everyone thought it was high

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.