By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales up 61% - American Chart for Week Ending 27th October 2007

Things should only get better for the PS3 as the $399.00 40GB version hits shelves next week, and with the price drop for the 80GB taking effect. Digg it: http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_Sales_up_61_American_Chart_for_Week_Ending_27th_October_2007

Around the Network

I bet sales will be up another 60% next week with the 40GB version. Still a long way behind MS and Ninty though.

Some have tried to explain this as the Christmas season, but sales for PS3 are up, not simply in total numbers, but up compared to XBOX360 as well.

While its true PS3 sales are still far behind in North America, PS3 is outselling xbox360 in Japan and Others.

I predict for at least two weeks in November PS3 will outsell xbox360 worldwide.

What PS3 needs, is its huge percentage lead in Japan, to mean something in terms of actual sales...i.e. the market overall needs to start purchasing more. Since Sony owns 2 of the 3 major markets, when Japan shows itself to be the major market that it really is and can be...thats when PS3 will outsell xbox360 on a worldwide basis.

If it does go up 60% that will be the high point (besides Black friday) for the rest of the season. The regular sales point, but that would mean it is still hundreds of units behind The Big N and Microsoft.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

@PS3 - Well done on the sales boost! Nintendo got a bigger one in terms of raw consoles sold, though.

@Mark - Sony doesn't own either Japan or Europe. Unless the Wii isn't a console.

Around the Network

Well,

From 30k to 65k ?

Not bad but really far behind the Xbox360

The 40gb bundle with spiderman and the effet of big games coming like Ratchet will make the next week very interesting !

Time to Work !

Sounds good, and not too surprising. About time Sony started moving some inventory... I'll be picking up mine next year along with a Bravia 40" and a DHZ home cinema system! I hope it costs less than half a months wage before that time though...

Let's hope this is a sign Sony learned their lessons faster then Nintendo.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well they did replace their president much quicker than Nintendo did. And Nintendo replacing their president made them into a worthwhile console maker/leader again (AKA they stopped making stupid hardware-related business decisions). (Of course they were always a worthwhile software maker...)

PS3 will do well in America, and it may catch up to Xbox 360 eventually.
Bigger question is: what does Microsoft have to do to sell in Japan?
Will this wok?
"Microsoft buys up billboard space in Japan"
http://www.siliconera.com/2007/10/30/microsoft-buys-up-billboard-space-in-japan/

Lost Odyssey and Ninja Gaiden 2, plus cheaper prices. Maybe the sales will go up by 61%.