By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii to top 60 million next week?

Nintendogamer said:
Buzzi said:
Nintendogamer said:
Buzzi said:
Nintendogamer said:
Buzzi said:
Nintendogamer said:
SuperSteveyLes said:
Nintendogamer said:

We are speaking of winner and successful consoles, and them have to be compared to succesful consoles. Sure even if Wii stopts selling after having overpassed NES sales it would however be an extremely successful console; but this year, considered a bad year for Wii by many people, it's gonna selling 20m according to Nintendo. I think next year it will be able to do as much or more, considering all the great games are coming. 90 millions is not a disaster, but it's the low end for Wii's and Nintendo power: if all is right next year we should see at least two of the big three titles from Nintendo, plus some games for the new audience like Vitality Sensor, and many other surprires; and NSMBW and Wii Fit Plus just launched, they'll bring new people (pretty much all multi million sellers have this effect) to Wii. Wii has the possibility to have a great year in 2010 (bigger than 2008?) and even if it's better than 2009 it could still be near or above 20m. Speaking of 2011 is difficult but 15 millions seems very little to do right now, especially because of Dragon Quest X in Japan (if FFXIII will sell 500k new PS3s I think DQX can have a similar or bigger effect for Wii).

I don't think we should be worried about wii not selling for a while now.  Once they pass NES sales they should continue to sell well, and way over 100 million in the future and then topping PS1.  If wii sells as much as 2009 or more then it's not all that bad, meaning it will sell over 75 million which is pretty good but I think they will sell a tad more in 2010 because NSMBwii will likely give them a slight boost now and then.  Super mario galaxy and metroid other m are probably the big games of 2010 for Wii and will keep the wii glowing for a while longer untill 2011 which likely zelda Wii will make an appearances. 

I beleive the Wii vitality sensor could be bigger than most of use think, it could pull a wii fit, they loved yoga, maybe they like relaxing too. Nintendo haven't said much about it so maybe they are planning a suprise.   I think Nintendo will be happy if they sell at least 18 million in their fiscal year, since it's not far off 20 million anyway.  another load in 2011 will be needed.  I reckon DQX will boost wii sales in Japan by quite a long shot, over 100,000 for sure, unless it gets ported to PS3 like most people are thinking.

Just a thing I don't understand from your post: the FY ends on March, and at March probably Wii will have sold over 65m; you speak of 75m at least in 2010: that would be reeeeeallly bad for Nintendo, the half of the Wiis sold the year before? Over 80m by the end of FY 2010 should be a safe bet, considering 2010 for our Nintendo gamers is gonna being a better year than 2009 (at least seeing the list of games) and that America still lacks a Black Wii and there could be bundles or surprise hits (like Vitality sensor) I would say 20m or over are very possible.

And I don't deny that Wii will reach 100m, it's a successful console like GBA, which sold great even after DS' launch.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

Buzzi; remember, last December, it was also a certainty that the Wii would pass 75 million or at the very, very least 70 million by 2009, this was the consensus of analysts on the site's team and users who both liked and disliked the console itself (there were excpetions, many lowballed it to the extreme, I think Crazzyman said 60 million, which, ironically, will be closer than the average "insightful" user... ). This year has been full of signs that we can't predict solely based on current trends, the ups and downs of this gen are staggering and I for one won't make the mistake of overestimating any console as much as I did last year again (my predictions in the sig shows that I was way off).

Of course, based on what I said above, there could also be a giant upswing but I see no feasible reason for it at this point barring perhaps further price cuts and more colors, customization and successful peripherals.

Some nice numbers buzzi, I hope that's not an optimistic prediction, I think it's safe to assume that the Wii has topped 60 Million at last, or is it very close, like 59.75 Million or something?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Will only hit 59.2m-59.6m this week.

Probably sell 63m by the end of 2009.
End of 2010 - 78m
End of 2011- 90m

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."