By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
looks like sony have finally kick started then ps3's life! people aklways said it was the price..

Well that would be disregarding all the other hardwork Sony put in to selling that $300 pricetag.  Let's not forget it is still the most expensive product on the market and therefore price is still a factor AGAINST it not for it.  Indeed this has been a success of commercial marketing and advertising along with some big name software.  I think simply deducing it down to a price drop is indeed overlooking all the other things Sony has done to get it to this point. 

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Yes I'd also like to say kudos to Sony. This is truly a huge success of marketing and advertising that has been absolutely superb. I mean this is one that I'd write down in the books because it is textbook execution. Other companies might want to take notes.

I agree.  They really kicked it up a notch.  The financial reports should be interesting.

PS3 is doing great!! DS is just in another league, those sales are incredible!!

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

darthdevidem01 said:
masterb8tr said:
PS3beats360 said:
There will be a lot of happy PS3 fans seeing these sales numbers. But some really unhappy 360 fans seeing how far off it was from PS3 sales numbers. The sales gap between PS3 and 360 will be be between 3 and 4 million by the end of 2009. December will futher reduce the total sales gap.

PS3 will never be outsold by XBox 360 in weekly sales for the rest of this generation.

one thing we've learned for this generation is to not take things for granted. MS will have to cut the price next year(maybe include natal for the same price) we will just have to wait and see.

Remember though

PS3 is STILL at $299 +

Its not at a mass makret price yet

When it gets to $199 we may see a 1 Million + Ps3 week on black friday!

I'm glad you brought this up... LOL while I was reading this thread I was actually going to comment about this... but I was actually going to say this..

/clears throat

"Remember when all those people were saying that a 299 Ps3 wont do much since the 360 is at 199 and taking the consumer that would buy a product for that price... 'price saturation'"

Yeah... glad to see those people were full of shit.

If the PS3 was 250$ i would look at a number with 7 digits

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Yes I'd also like to say kudos to Sony. This is truly a huge success of marketing and advertising that has been absolutely superb. I mean this is one that I'd write down in the books because it is textbook execution. Other companies might want to take notes.

True

they really knew "WHEN" to market the item

If they had ads like these when PS3 was $600 it just wouldn't connect with the consumer

but now that its $299 such ads wll have abetter effect

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I really want to see the software now but it's probably not coming anytime soon so I should do something else.

ps3 beat 360s sales from last years BF week w/o a 199$ tag every 360 owner must respect that

i like PS3beats360's comments

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
ps3 beat 360s sales from last years BF week w/o a 199$ tag every 360 owner must respect that

i like PS3beats360's comments

Really?

Please read all his comments in this thread & say that again

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Zucas said:

Are u Kidding me?

Putting the product in a position where you have to launch a new revision at a lower price with the result of negative profit of the hardware.

Is that how you define Textbook Execution?

Which company should take notes?

- Textbook execution is when Nintendo manage to millions of DS and even after 4 year keeping it alive by launching new revision with small upgrades at a larger price.

- Making a console with a pricetag that took 3 years to change, and even with 50 dollars of the Wii sells with a profit and in huge numbers.

Nintendo is the fucking teacher and the creater of the textbook that you are talking about, Sony and Microsoft are sitting in the back crying and begging to even break even with all their money spend this generation.

Predictions for 2009:

360: 39-42 PS3: 31-34 Wii: 67-70

Future projection

Wii will hit 100 million before christmas 2010 (made december 2008)

NDS Family will have sold and shipped more then PS2 at the end of 2009 (made january 2009)