By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Hardware Numbers UP for week of Black Friday

Looks like 360 is headed for last place at this rate. What effects will this have on gamers? Besides the N4G explosion.

Around the Network

Wow at DS, PS3 and Wii. PSP and 360 are poor though, very poor.

What I find the most impressive is DS in that one region, Americas, outsold comparatively anything else in their regions combined. I mean geez, this is something that released back in 2004 haha and yet it is selling at those heights.

I think I'm almost ready to say that DS might be the biggest thing in gaming history through this generation as nothing has been able to sell at the rates it has.

On other notes, Wii has a very strong and solid week along with some big increases for the PS3. Had quite the bulk increase in that of America thanks to those very good BF deals. 360 and PSP though are struggling to compete in a time where Ds, Wii, and PS3 are putting up such numbers.

CGI-Quality said:
TheThunder said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Is it just me who finds it SHOCKING that a PS3 at $299/$349 could have a better black friday than the xbox 360 of 2008 who was at $199, $249 & $349

????

360 was 199, 299 and 399 last year and there is no 249 PS3.

Did you mean there is no $349 PS3 on the market? If so, there actually is. darth's excitement comes mainly from the fact that the 360 has already seen a $199 price point and the PS3 sold better than it at a higher price.

Darth stealth edited ;)

CGI-Quality said:
JaggedSac said:
Looks like 360 is headed for last place at this rate. What effects will this have on gamers? Besides the N4G explosion.

Doubt it. Unless Microsoft throws in the towel, or their 2010 efforts have no major effect on Sony, they will still end the gen in 2nd place. Now, if this momentum of Sony's continues throughout all of 2010, which isn't impossible but unlikely by this much, then I concur.

I don't know, it looks like a pretty steady momemtum in their favor and I don't see Natal doing what MS wants it to do.  Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to Natal a great deal, but I seriously doubt it will affect sales that much.

Around the Network

I'd also like to point out that PS3 may finally be seeing a break in America due to some "value changes" between it and 360. When it was PS2 versus GC the PS2 was clearly seen as more value at $300 than GC at $200. Thus the price differential was no matter.

It's arguable this is happening in America. I had thought before that a $200 360 was going to give PS3 some issues in America where brand wasn't as strong but value may have shifted. A $200 360 may not look as appealing as a $300 PS3 and the gap is potential becoming no matter. Now a $300 360 versus $300 PS3 may be a different story as brand may trump for 360 there and keep its sales heightened, but it might appear that the "price" advantage 360 had last holiday season may not mean as much.

I'm not going to claim this as truth or by any means what I think exactly what is going on, but this could be something that is happening and maybe a reason why PS3 was able to get some bigger increases on a mainstream "holiday" than the cheaper system.

JaggedSac said:

Well, even if it happens, the 360 will still have had a great run at 2nd place during most of the generation.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Freaking awesome numbers for the PS3, nicely played Sony, nicely played!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???

Yes I'd also like to say kudos to Sony. This is truly a huge success of marketing and advertising that has been absolutely superb. I mean this is one that I'd write down in the books because it is textbook execution. Other companies might want to take notes.

looks like sony have finally kick started then ps3's life! people aklways said it was the price..