By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Overload (or why I'm not getting a PS3 or 360 anytime soon)

Well - this is it. For the first time I can remember in my life, gaming overload has well and truly set in.

As a result - there is no way I can even consider getting a 360 or PS3. For my one, single, miserable console - there are way too many AAA games than I can even consider buying (esp. at current prices). It would be insane for me to consider buying *another* console (rather than games I want to play!)

I think I will need to limit myself to buying no more than 4 (maybe 5) games between now and January (or longer). Hoping that things calm down over Jan. Thank god that Smash was delayed :P

My list as it stands now (yes, I'm talking about the Wii being my only console for those that don't know my history):

1. Super Mario Galaxy - no question, no doubt - a instant day#1 purchase (even if I was broke). Sad. 

2. Metroid Prime 3 - big fan of the Metroid series, finished previous two games. I think I really need to buy/play this - I can't imagine not doing so. 

This leaves me 2 or 3 purchases from the remaining games - I'll note each with the % that I really want it:

- Zak & Wiki (99%) - love point&clicks, and I think my partner will love this as well. I think Capcom deserves it as well.

- RE:UC (90%) - pretty big RE fan, although this *could* be a missed title. Might have to wait till '08 (cheap purchase).

- BBA & Wiimote bundle (90%) - on my list for economic reasons, also that I think BBA would be popular at our house. We also have a friend in Singapore with the game (online results).

- Mario & Sonic@Olympics (85%) - another possible miss title, although I think its "party-game" nature means that we WILL get it.

- DDR / any Singing game (80%) - I have always had flagged either a dancing game (never owned a DDR, and would love to I think) - or a singing game (High School Musical - if it gets good scores). Good chance I'll get one of these.

- WiiZapper/Zelda (95%) - I think this will be my "5th" purchase. Its cheap, and should be fun.

Games I'd love to get - but might as well forget about now:

- BWii II
 - NiGHTS
 - GHIII
 - Forever Blue
 - RE4 (maybe next year... if it gets cheaper :<)
 - Mercury Revolution
 - Fire Emblem (yeah, right!)

This also ignores all VC and other titles. Just finished SPM, and almost finished Paper Mario. Barely played Sin & Punishment - and haven't even downloaded Super Metroid (one of my most wanted titles this year, and a game I have *never* played!).

I suspect my final list will read: Galaxy, Metroid, Zak & Wiki, DDR, Mario & Sonic & WiiZapper. A good spread of titles. I think RE:UC will have to wait till next year :<, and one day I'd love have time to play BWii as well.

DDR may not launch here until next year - in which case maybe High School Musical II might get a purchase instead.

Nintendo PLEASE work on spreading out titles better next year!! :( 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I just bought Zack & Wiki, Sims 2 Castaway, MLB Power Pros, and Mercury Meltdown Revolution, all are great, and I don't even have time to play 'em all before Galaxy comes out. Between those and the DS I just don't have enough time to get any other systems, let alone the money.

RolStoppable said:
If you don't buy Super Metroid within the next 10 days, it's safe to say that you, shams, have no soul.

No soul? I think I can live with that.

But no Super Metroid? No - probably not.

I'm hoping to have Paper Mario squashed (finished) this weekend, and I can put off Sin & Punishment for a while. Which means I'll have a chance to get Super Metroid and play it... at least b4 Metroid 3 launches. 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

I really do want to buy a 360, but there are too many Wii games coming out in the next two months I want to buy. I haven't gotten Mercury Meltdown or Power Pros yet, and Galaxy is only two weeks away.

DKII said:
I just bought Zack & Wiki, Sims 2 Castaway, MLB Power Pros, and Mercury Meltdown Revolution, all are great, and I don't even have time to play 'em all before Galaxy comes out. Between those and the DS I just don't have enough time to get any other systems, let alone the money.

To be fair, my problem is 70% time - and 30% money. Although my money issue will likely become larger in the coming months...

Since the weekend, I have only had around 3hrs of TOTAL gaming time. No time tonight - hope tomorrow (Friday) night is sort of free. And I was away all last weekend - no gaming time at all :(

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Around the Network

First of all add +1% to Zack and Wiki, seriously you need to buy the game.

The rest of your list is sort of up to you since its preferences, but if it were me in the situation I would be getting....

SMG
MP3
Z&W
GHIII
Fire Emblem

But in my own personal situation I will probably be going with this list...

SMG
Fire Emblem
Crysis
CoD4
Brothers In Arms

edit: PS - both lists are in order of my preference. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Yeah its just crazy. I own a Wii and a 360 and Super Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed are all released on the same day in the UK. I mean WTF is all that about?!?!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

I will get Super Metroid (again) after I redo Metroid (got stuck using door climbing glitch) and beat MP3. MP:Hunters is on hold right now since I got sick of fighting the same bosses over and over.

I am in shams situation too, I can't afford the PS3 right now, but I have plenty of games to play.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

azzer100 said:
Yeah its just crazy. I own a Wii and a 360 and Super Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed are all released on the same day in the UK. I mean WTF is all that about?!?!

That's completely insane. It only hurts the industry - possible the three biggest titles of the year (now that Halo is out), on the same day - WTF?

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

shams, I have the same problem. Imagine your exact situation... but then let's say you just bought the Orange Box and Guitar Hero III. It's too much for me to handle. And I just played the Galaxy demo today. It's all over for me.

And to think, I almost lived to see my 25th birthday..... (January)

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.