By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats with the Wii shortages?!?!?

Sqrl said:

The good lord understands your need to buy a Wii =P Just get one for the church as well!

Nintendo got Mario his own church?

Take that Sonic!

And so it was that the Blue Hedgehog of Doom was smitten by the great Mario in the name of all that is good and Nintendo in the arena to be forever reknowned only as "Brawl." Praise Mario! ~ Verse 14, Book of Mario

Around the Network

@ W29

I definitely recommend doing your method. Here in ABQ, there are still no Wiis. I snagged one - and four were left. They were sold out in hours. Seriously - call around and don't be afraid to travel a few miles out of town to buy one. Or ... call stores off the beaten path - like a store in the rough part of town. Most of those spots have them - and less customers frequent them. You can always use craigslist.org and get one that way ...

I have never seen a Wii in stock, I really hope they get some huge shipments in for Christmas, it could means huge leaps in sales for them, maybe even pushing 20 million or passing it by the end of the year.

PC Gamer

Shipments to America are way up. Nintendo seems to be diverting stock from Japan.

Don't worry, they're not holding units back in warehouses. That's a ridiculous idea. Nintendo has just been having a hard time increasing their manufacturing numbers, but they do seem to be up slightly and we might see sales around 1.2 million for October or maybe even November.

TheBigFatJ said:
Shipments to America are way up. Nintendo seems to be diverting stock from Japan.

Don't worry, they're not holding units back in warehouses. That's a ridiculous idea. Nintendo has just been having a hard time increasing their manufacturing numbers, but they do seem to be up slightly and we might see sales around 1.2 million for October or maybe even November.

Of course they're stockpiling. They're up to 1.8 million units a month. They are not selling 1.8 million a month, and there's definitely not nearly a million sitting on shelves every month.

Around the Network

Good luck on the wii hunt. I think they'll probably be hard to find (at least in the U.S.) until well after Xmas. I thought last year that I'd find one without any trouble after Xmas 2006. Guess I couldn't have been more wrong....

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

TheBigFatJ I hope you will fnally realize in the holiday period that nintendo is stockpilling, and a lot too.

W29 said:
Its okay I will wait, I'm about to get a PS3 now anyway. So forget the Wii now.

Thread done.