By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats with the Wii shortages?!?!?

I tried calling every freaking Gamestop store and they say they are sold out within 1 hour. Is Nintendo going to increase shipment or keep the Wii's in the warehouses?

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but according to some people on this site there is not a Wii shortage and there hasn't been one since January. You sir are flat out trying to lie to us and I don't appreciate that.

W29 said:

I tried calling every freaking Gamestop store and they say they are sold out within 1 hour. Is Nintendo going to increase shipment or keep the Wii's in the warehouses?

trust me, they are increasing shipment and aren't holding them back in the warehouses..

MARIO says hi

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

No I'm not lying twesterm, I live in Delaware and the Wii is short and I want one. But every Gamestop store I call they say they are out. Do you want me to give you their numbers and you can call for yourself?

try bestbuy :D

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

@Neos

Tell Mario I said hi too.....I hope they increase the shipment. I tried calling those stores every single day and I think the Gamestop employees are lying, but anyway. What do I have to do, wait outside or stalk the UPS truck?

zackblue said:
try bestbuy :D

Well they are out too. Just got done calling my local Best Buy. Even the website says they are sold out.

Wii has always been like this in America. I am glad you are looking at a Wii, though. Wii is finally starting to get a lot of good games so they may be harder to get until Jan.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

I've talked to a bunch of store clerks here in Finland about how the different consoles are selling, and none of them even knew there had ever been any Wii shortages. Apparently it's selling better than the others, although the PS2 still has a huge majority of the shelf space everywhere.

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Wii has always been like this in America. I am glad you are looking at a Wii, though. Wii is finally starting to get a lot of good games so they may be harder to get until Jan.

Well who wouldn't...Its the top selling console and its grabbing my atttention quickly. 360 is providing  but its starting to wear off % after %.