By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats with the Wii shortages?!?!?

Parokki said:
I've talked to a bunch of store clerks here in Finland about how the consoles are selling, and none of them even knew there had ever been any Wii shortages. Apparently it's selling better than the others, although the PS2 still has a huge majority of the shelf space everywhere.

Yeah and thats why I want a Wii.

Around the Network

It's because people like me keep buying them and selling them on eBay at higher prices :)

Currently playing: Civ 6

I've been trying to find some in the UK to resell but haven't one in any of the 25+ stores I've tried, apart from the £250 one WITHOUT Wii sports in CEX.
An assistant in GAME did say Nintendo were holding them back but I don't know how much credibility ther is in his statement.

I suggest looking in the Target/Best Buy/Gamestop circulars. I will tell you that more stores get their shipments in on Sundays.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Its okay I will wait, I'm about to get a PS3 now anyway. So forget the Wii now.

Around the Network

If you find a Wii without Wii Sports you might as well get it. Since almost all the other Wiis in the UK come with Wii Sports, you can just borrow from someone else. Just buy Mario Galaxy and let them borrow it :)

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

what happened to amazon? Didn't they have a huge shipment of Wiis to release? Has that happened already?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

W29 said:
No I'm not lying twesterm, I live in Delaware and the Wii is short and I want one. But every Gamestop store I call they say they are out. Do you want me to give you their numbers and you can call for yourself?

Look for one Sunday morning. Calling in the middle of the week is futile.

http://wiitracker.com/

Try this website. As you can see, even the expensive bundles are sold out.

That is why I don't buy the argument that the Wii only sells because it is cheap.