By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo's Efforts to Entice Third Parties Worked Against It?

Its easy guys , if you own your SoftHouse , would you like to compete with Nintendo ?

On 360 and PS3 you dont have to compete with Metroids,Marios,Zeldas,Smahs and stuff , that why 3th parties dont gives a sh**** abolt nintendo consoles , and maybe they never will , but if nintendo do more partnerships like they did with tean ninja ...it can changes with time....

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network
Shonen said:
Its easy guys , if you own your SoftHouse , would you like to compete with Nintendo ?

On 360 and PS3 you dont have to compete with Metroids,Marios,Zeldas,Smahs and stuff , that why 3th parties dont gives a sh**** abolt nintendo consoles , and maybe they never will , but if nintendo do more partnerships like they did with tean ninja ...it can changes with time....

But on PS3 and 360 you have to compete with Halo, GT, COD, GTA, FF, MGS, L4D, etc, etc.  It's not those markets aren't heavily crowded already either.

jarrod said:
Shonen said:

But on PS3 and 360 you have to compete with Halo, GT, COD, GTA, FF, MGS, L4D, etc, etc.  It's not those markets aren't heavily crowded already either.

That means they know what they can rip off. They don't know what to rip off with the Wii yet. Perhaps NSMBWii will start a load of sidescrollers.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

'You didn't mention the hypothetical part until just now.'

It was obvious.

PSN - hanafuda

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
Shonen said:

That means they know what they can rip off. They don't know what to rip off with the Wii yet. Perhaps NSMBWii will start a load of sidescrollers.

I remember that, on previous consoles, 3rd party developers would complain that it was too hard to compete with Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles.  That doesn't seem to be the case as much on the Wii.

Around the Network
hanafuda said:
'You didn't mention the hypothetical part until just now.'

It was obvious.

Where? What words before that comment mentioned a hypothetical "I think it might be, but am not claiming it as fact" situation?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I just ate an egg sandwich.

PSN - hanafuda

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
Shonen said:

I wish.  Wii already has a pretty decent amount of sidescrollers though (Klonoa, Wario Land, Lost Winds, Megaman, Contra, Castlevania, etc).

Shonen said:

I'd definitely rather put a game on Wii than the HD systems.  Are you not paying any attention as to what's happening on the HD consoles?  EA, Activision, THQ, etc.,etc, are all scaling back games and going with just the surefire bets on those systems.    It's becoming a homerun competition where hitting a single, double or triple just don't amount for anything.    Bottom line, to compete you need to have a known IP, a high, high quality product, huge hype and even then it's a huge risk.   One flop and your finished.

On Wii you don't need to compete with Nintendo.  Putting out a Kart clone is folly.   Make something original that grabs people's imagination.   Where they can clearly see the fun factor.   Make it quality - but it doesn't have to cost 20m like it does on HD, could be 5m. It won't sell big week one but it'll be a nice constant seller.    A known brand sure helps here too though but I'm talking a brand known to the general public not the gaming public.  Throw in a piece of plastic and double sales.

Honestly, the only publisher I can think who basically bet it all on Wii is Hudson... and they're now nearly more profitable than their parent company (Konami) with their first million seller since the Famicom days (Deca Sports) and a huge revenue stream from the Virtual Console. It's a shame more companies didn't have the foresight Hudson did...