By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo's Efforts to Entice Third Parties Worked Against It?

Some textures may actually need to be scaled down a little for GC. The assets are way higher quality than 480p needs, which has been shown in Dolphin uprendering... is Nintendo prepping early for "Wii HD"? ;)

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Some textures may actually need to be scaled down a little for GC. The assets are way higher quality than 480p needs, which has been shown in Dolphin uprendering... is Nintendo prepping early for "Wii HD"? ;)

1. You wrote "as is", which means everything the same.

2. Or just Nintendo is truly pusing the Wii with this game, and some future games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:

2. Or just Nintendo is truly pusing the Wii with this game, and some future games.

Geometry or effects don't look out of place for GameCube stuff.  When I said "as is", I didn't mean literally run the same code, just that it could be approximated and would look and run basically identical.  It pretty obviously isn't pushing Wii (unlike Galaxy, which looks better than GameCube).

jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:

Geometry or effects don't look out of place for GameCube stuff.  When I said "as is", I didn't mean literally run the same code, just that it could be approximated and would look and run basically identical.  It pretty obviously isn't pushing Wii (unlike Galaxy, which looks better than GameCube).

Specs aren't about obvious. You have to take the whole picture into account. If someone didn't think GTA was about streaming entire areas, they would think those were not pushing the systems and that Rockstar was doing a lazy job.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:

Specs aren't about obvious. You have to take the whole picture into account. If someone didn't think GTA was about streaming entire areas, they would think those were not pushing the systems and that Rockstar was doing a lazy job.

If GTA wasn't streaming constantly, it's areas would be heavily truncated and that'd be pretty obvious on playing.  You can make technical comparisons and judgements without knowing the finer details of the code in these games.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:

If GTA wasn't streaming constantly, it's areas would be heavily truncated and that'd be pretty obvious on playing.  You can make technical comparisons and judgements without knowing the finer details of the code in these games.

That's not what I meant. If you didn't know about streaming, you wouldn't know why the graphics were so inferior compared to the mote advanced games on those systems.

You can't really decided how a game runs on a system until you see the whole thing. If everything in a level is in the RAM, for one thing, that would be a hell of a lot of polygons and textures, it's just it doesn't seem like it because they are all zoomed out.

^

lol. You are actually going out of your way to argue with jarrod about this just because he said NSMB Wii could be done on the Cube.

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:
^

lol. You are actually going out of your way to argue with jarrod about this just because he said NSMB Wii could be done on the Cube.

And?

You think it can? You'd better have some hard proof if you do, not conjecture.

let's see your hard proof that it can't first. Not conjecture..

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:
let's see your hard proof that it can't first. Not conjecture..

I didn't claim it couldn't. I pointed out we don't know all the factors, so you can't claim it can without those.

You made the claim, you have the burden of proof.