By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killzone 2 graphics comes to the 360 and it's called Brink

it looks good but not KZ2 good sorry but it does have some technical advantages and a more open world to it's credit.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

1) No, it does not look as good as Killzone 2

2) It's set to release in Fall 2010

3) It looks very interesting still.

@newbie3

Just look at the debris on the ground around 2:38-2:40. That right there displays that this game isn't great. The so-called debris is just a blur of colour with no depth whatsoever.

Simply put, this game is not on the same level as KZ2. On consoles, only 1 game so far has been equal to (or exceeding) KZ2 and that is Uncharted 2.

Just because this game has the same art style as KZ2 doesn't mean the graphics are as good. In fact, I think they seem pretty shoddy. But graphics aren't everything.

Looks alot like Killzone2, but too crappy to compare.... I dont think I can handle picking up this game from the looks of it. sorry but I didnt mean to be mean.

newbie3 said:

http://g4tv.com/videos/43026/Exclusive-Brink-An-Objective-Perspective-Container-City-Pt1/?quality=hd

The debate about whether KZ2 is possible on 360 just ended imo. You can argue maybe that in some ways KZ2 looks a little better ( then again, it had a MUCH higher development budget) but unless you're just a fanboy imo, you cant argue that Brink isn't coming very close.

1. It doesn't seem like Brink will look as good (and detailed) as Killzone 2 graphics, in my opinion. Very nice graphics, though.

2. If a game has good graphics in the XBox 360, it's because is more powerful than the PS3, but if a PS3 game has good graphics then it's not because of the power of the PS3, it's just that the developers had a bigger budget... ¬_¬ Did some of you, guys, noticed this kind of frequent phenomenon?

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Around the Network

It looks great but it's not on KZ2's level. KZ2's artistic style was much more darker, grittier, colorless and had a tad bit more detail

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

So because you hide behind a profile that isn't filled out (showing what games you own and what system) you can accuse others of being biased because they own a PS3 and don't agree with your claim that this game is better looking than Killzone 2 (which it isn't FYI), interesting way you spin that finger pointing.

Also, I can't speak for the other people but the whole attempted slam that PS3 fans are flocking to this "X360 thread" has failure written all over it as well. I came here because it is on the list on the front page which I look through. I also came because you mention Killzone 2 (baiting PS3 fans to dive in btw). Lastly this game is NOT X360 exclusive so why would it be only X360 territory?

This thread fails on a lot of levels and your attempt at defending it fails as well. Try again.

Awesome graphics! Looks very promising indeed considering its release isn't until fall 2010.

newbie3 said:

http://g4tv.com/videos/43026/Exclusive-Brink-An-Objective-Perspective-Container-City-Pt1/?quality=hd

The debate about whether KZ2 is possible on 360 just ended imo. You can argue maybe that in some ways KZ2 looks a little better ( then again, it had a MUCH higher development budget) but unless you're just a fanboy imo, you cant argue that Brink isn't coming very close.

YT link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6RqVpp-ZJI

Alright, so we can argue that in some ways KZ2 looks better and you acknowledge that Brink is "coming close".

newbie3 said:
LOL, well, we see all the fans of a certain system (not Xbox) that hang out in the Xbox forums all day rushing to this post, eh?

The game looks better than Killzone 2, easily, period. Not debatable. We know EVERYBODY saying different in this thread, is a PS3 homer. I can click any one of their profiles, look at their post histories, and I GUARANTEE what I will find, they are all Ps3 fans (those that dont only have PS3 on their system list even). Credibility, gone.

YT link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6RqVpp-ZJI

Then we get this wonderful post in the same thread, after people argue how "in ways Killzone 2 looks better" or that "Brink comes close" but not close enough, just as you stated they coud and then you say that it is actually not debatable and that anyone who doesn't agree that Brink looks better is a "PS3 homer". Not just that, but they lose all credibility.

Please, go away. Either that or make up your damn mind.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

From an unbiased person i can honestly say that i don't think it looks as good as KZ2, nothing really stands out and makes me go WOW, but then again it is a pretty boring looking level, so i guess time will tell. I'm not a big fan of the art style or what i see of the game either so that's probably not helping. That being said i wasn't a HUGE fan of KZ2 either. Pop U2 into your PS3 and hook it up to a 1080p set and it stands alone in my opinion.