By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killzone 2 graphics comes to the 360 and it's called Brink

Baroque_Dude said:
newbie3 said:

http://g4tv.com/videos/43026/Exclusive-Brink-An-Objective-Perspective-Container-City-Pt1/?quality=hd

The debate about whether KZ2 is possible on 360 just ended imo. You can argue maybe that in some ways KZ2 looks a little better ( then again, it had a MUCH higher development budget) but unless you're just a fanboy imo, you cant argue that Brink isn't coming very close.

1. It doesn't seem like Brink will look as good (and detailed) as Killzone 2 graphics, in my opinion. Very nice graphics, though.

2. If a game has good graphics in the XBox 360, it's because is more powerful than the PS3, but if a PS3 game has good graphics then it's not because of the power of the PS3, it's just that the developers had a bigger budget... ¬_¬ Did some of you, guys, noticed this kind of frequent phenomenon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_control_(news)#Spin

;)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Wow, I'm impressed by the game. It looks really good. It certainly has a cleaner look than Killzone 2, but I'd still give Killzone 2 the technical edge. Better lighting and particle effects. Killzone 2 also had way better hit animations. Here, the guy the player is shooting at just sort of spasms back and forth a little as he's shot (4 minute mark). Killzone 2 also has better motion blur.

I really love the art direction though. And the gameplay seems like it will have some RPG elements (gain XP) which is always a plus in my book. I hadn't payed any attention to Brink before, but now I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it.

newbie3 said:
LOL, well, we see all the fans of a certain system (not Xbox) that hang out in the Xbox forums all day rushing to this post, eh?

The game looks better than Killzone 2, easily, period. Not debatable. We know EVERYBODY saying different in this thread, is a PS3 homer. I can click any one of their profiles, look at their post histories, and I GUARANTEE what I will find, they are all Ps3 fans (those that dont only have PS3 on their system list even). Credibility, gone.

YT link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6RqVpp-ZJI

Just look at the floor texture, one giant flat texture. It looks cartoony as hell. This is on par with Bordlerlands, not Killzone 2.

Okay the Graphics are very good, but you can't possibly argue that the environments have even close to the detail that Killzone 2 does. I mean everything is flat. I know that its hard to accept because you made a post but you are wrong my friend when this game comes out the graphics will be decent at best And quit saying everyone is a fanboy just because they dont agree with you. They dont agree with you because you are wrong. And by no stretch of the imagination does this game "easily" look any better than Killzone 2

...why is a multiplat game thread with a ps3 exclusive named in the title in the MS forums? Then we get called out for "hanging out" in the MS forum... what was this suppose to be other than flaimbait? A 360 fan circle jerk?

Around the Network

Pc verrsion? and everything looks too shiny.

you obviously dont own KZ2, this game doesnt even come close, the details on the gun are amazing in KZ2, Brink looks like MW2 sorta graphics
i know you are making this thread as a joke but come on.....

anyway why has brinl turned into nothing but a FPS? i thought it was ment to be like Fallout 3?

it looks like cartoony version of fallout 3 and nowhere near KZ2

This game reminds me quite bit of Borderlands to be completely honest.

I also like the sliding.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

it doesnt look better then killzone 2 but i like the ideal of mirrors edge running in this game