Are those really holes in the box?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Holds L4D2 box up ...

No doesn't look like that!

And L4D2 is not activision it's EA.

nordlead said:
Rainbird said:
Wait, there are holes in the box? So you could actually have nothing but the cover between your fingers and the disc?

I suppose gaming could take this one for the environment (not the CO2 emissions, but I'm all for using less oil on creating plastic)

I want to know this too. That is what it looks like from the screen shot.

Yes, holes right through.  Noticed it on my MW2 disc immediately when opened...had no idea about those holes, based on the feel of the case, before opening though.

Hah, love that last sentence.

Looking forward to the day when none of my games come with any packaging at all...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Rainbird said:
Wait, there are holes in the box? So you could actually have nothing but the cover between your fingers and the disc?

I suppose gaming could take this one for the environment (not the CO2 emissions, but I'm all for using less oil on creating plastic)

The clear plastic and paper cover is the only thing seperating the disc and your finger.  I tried to get game case to disc contact with my Left 4 Dead 2 box and the only way I could make contact is to push the disc in will I push through the hole.  The clear plastic on the outside combined with the paper cover make it hard to push through.  Also, the disc moves back as you push in.  The space between the disc and the package is a good centimeter of air so it seems to me it won't be a problem.

nah Microsoft just did it to look like a Tyre Trim (cuz its so gangsta), and they accidentally helped environment

ok, just did some looking into it. They have been using these cases for DVD movies since at least May this year. Those are holes in the box to save plastic.

Honestly, the idiots that came up with this idea should have just suggested that they make the boxes shorter and thinner like CD cases and told people they saved 45% of the plastic.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

voty2000 said:
nordlead said:
Rainbird said:

The clear plastic and paper cover is the only thing seperating the disc and your finger.  I tried to get game case to disc contact with my Left 4 Dead 2 box and the only way I could make contact is to push the disc in will I push through the hole.  The clear plastic on the outside combined with the paper cover make it hard to push through.  Also, the disc moves back as you push in.  The space between the disc and the package is a good centimeter of air so it seems to me it won't be a problem.

Well, that solves the issue for me for now. Until I get to hold one and feel what it's like, I'll give it a 'thumbs up'.

Downloading saves 100% of plastic.