By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft planning 10 games for Natal, '4 to 5' for PlayStation Motion Controller

First the Wii, then 360... :(
But ok, let's see how things will turn out.

Around the Network

i want hardcore games with the support of motion controllers , like capcom's resident evil 5 alternative , i would have wanted a patch from developers to make available older games compatible but its easier said than done playing COD MWF2 with the ps3 motion controller as an option would be cool

I just hope that motion control does not equal a license to release shovelware like we have seen on the Wii. I think it is important that both PS3 and 360 try to avoid the shovelware that is bogging down the Wii. For every great idea on how to use the Wii properly there seems to be a hundred that are simply trying to take advantage of it. It really makes going to a game store difficult on the Wii. You see a wall of shovelware and somewhere in there is about 5-10 releases of great software making the whole exercise painful and demoralizing at best.

Mistershine said:
@Rainbird
True, but games is games, and if it makes casuals buy the controllers and drive up the adoption rate more games will come, hopefully not all of which will be shovelware.

Yes, but if it's successful then the more games will be casual games as well.  I was hoping that Natal or the Sony wand would be enhance traditional games.  For me, casual games are only played during parties, and they are never played for long.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

meh

Around the Network

It's all vapourware until we see some media on them. Could be a host of Wii ports or experimental XBLA/PSN games. not that I don't love experimental downloadable games, but I wouldn't buy a peripheral for one, and I doubt many other people would, either.

That's a great picture in the OP, though. Begging for a caption.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

"I didn't count the games that in fact are supporting the new functions that those accessories will bring. I was more speaking about casual games that we are doing on those two machines; we can consider that on those games it's 70 percent new property."

that doesn't sound like either platform is being taken seriously to me.

for Natal
i can IMAGINE them being

Imagine my avatar shoes
imagine balls
imagine shooting
imagine cowmilking
just dance
Far Cry : virtual files
Assassins Creed : Freefalling

for Motion controller
Lets Tap
CRAB BATTLE
Prince of Persia Sword Fight

ps motion controller FTW lol no controllers like natal = fail i mean not good so u wont report me again for letting me spit out my opinion

The real question is what kind of games are they, are they just regular games with natal functionality? Are they Small $10 games for download, or are they full priced games or somewhere in between...?

I can see the 4-5 games with Sony's wand being more normal games with controls patched in..